Chapter 8 Video Call

Fairy Godmother waked into the classroom that Charlotte and the others were waiting in.

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, Charlotte here has arranged a special treat for you."

Suddenly the screen in the middle of the room turned on and the villain kids saw their parents.

Charlotte was surprised she always assumed the villains would look more villainy but they just looked like people dressed up weirdly.

Maleficent said "I don't see anything, nor do I hear. Is it... is it... is..."

"Press enter." Hafar told her.

Maleficent sighed "Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip..." suddenly their camera sprung on "Oh!"

Evil Queen shoved her way to the front "Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent corrected.

Cruella pointed at the screen "Ooh! Who's the old bat?"

"This is Fairy Godmother." Mal introduced.

Maleficent cackled "Still doing tricks with eggplants?"

Charlotte scoffed "Actually she turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage."

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Charlotte Charming"

Maleficent laughed "She really couldn't give your mother till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels? -"

Fairy Godmother intervened "They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." She stormed off in a huff leaving the kids all alone.

"Hi, mom." Mal said waving.

Maleficent cracked a smile "Mal! I m-m-miss you."

Jafar smiled "You children are never far from our thoughts."

"I got it." Mal said.

Maleficent winced "How long must mommy wait to see you?"

Mal thought "Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that."

Maleficent asked "When?"

"Friday, 10 A.M." Mal told her.

Maleficent's face fell "You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much."

Mal smiled slowly "Yes, I completely understand, mother."

Cruella popped her head int othe frame "Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."

Carlos shook his head "He's the perfect size for a pet."
Cruella gasped at her sons defiance.

Carlos smiled "This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!" he told her. His mother gasped again in shock.

"So give it a rest!" Carlos said.

Jafar began to laugh "Oh-ho! Burn!"

Cruella scoffed and swing for Jafar "Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!"

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones." Jafar told her.

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors." Cruella retorted.

"Enough!" Charlotte said as she turned the screen off and turned to the 4 VK's.

"I'm so sorry." Charlotte said looking down.

"Thanks for the special treat." Jay replied without looking at her.

"Of course." Charlotte said and she walked away leaving them alone.

"M? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us. If we don't pull this off?" Evie asked.

Mal sighed "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best."

Carlos looked surprised "Really?"

Mal shook her head "No, I think we are definitely goners."

"Yeah." Evie agreed.