Chapter 7 Cookie

Ben and Charlotte walked to Carlos and Jays dorm and found all 4 of them insides "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..."

Mal shook her head "Not that I know of."

Ben nodded his head "Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh..."

Mal jumped up quickly and asked "Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

Ben smiled "Yeah, the whole school goes. Charlotte has been planning it for months"

Mal smiled "Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that It's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?"

Ben touched the back of his beck nervously "I wish you could. Up front It's just me, my folks, my girlfriend and Charlotte."

Mal looked at him "And your girlfriend?" she clarified.

Ben looked down guilty "Yeah. I'm sorry."

Mal began to push the pair out "Okay. Thanks, bye."

Ben trie dot carry on speaking "Oh, but, no, there's plenty of..."

Mal smiled behind the closed door "I think It's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell."

Walking round the school with Ben and Audrey, Charlotte got stuck listening to Audrey complain "She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it."

"What's the harm?" Ben asked.

Audrey sighed "It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?"

Charlotte stared "Listen, Audrey...

Audrey just ignored her "I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?"

Ben sighed "Okay."

Audrey waved and walked away "Bye, Bennyboo."

"Bye." Ben said.

Mal smiled mocking Audrey "Hey, Bennyboo!"
Charlotte laughed but covered it with a cough.

Ben smiled "Hey."

Mal offered a bag out "I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

Ben sighed "Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time."

Mal shook her head "No, yeah. I completely understand. "Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains.""

Charlotte hit Bens arm and shook her head "No, no, no."

Mal smiled sadly "No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that."

Ben shook his head "No, that's not it. No, no, no, I... I really do..."

"No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess." She said about to take a bit of the cookie.

Ben grabbed it out of her hand before she could "No, no. Hey... see that? Totally trust you. Totally."

Mal's eyes widened and she smiled "How are they?"

Ben: kept chewing it "They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're, uh... I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they... is that walnuts? I love walnuts. I mean, uh, you know, the... The chocolate... The... the chocolate... The chocolate chips are... I'm sorry. Um... Uh, they're... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet... Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?"

Charlotte looked at Ben then the cookie. "How are you feeling?" Charlotte asked.

Ben smiled "I feel... I feel... I feel like... Like singing your name. Mal, Mal."

Charlotte looked at the cookie again. There was definitely something in there.

When they had all gone to the tourney game Carlos ran over to her.

"Hey Charlotte how are you?" Carlos asked smiling.

"I'm fine how are you?" She replied.

"I'm fine, hey I tried baking last night and I was wondering if you would try one" he said offering her a cookie that looked like the one Mal had given Ben.

"Oh thanks Carlos" she said taking a bite knowing even if it was magic that it wouldn't hurt her.

"It's really good. You know your not bad at baking."She told him.

Carlos blushed "Feel any different?"

Charlotte shook her head "No"

"Oh well- Uh...bye" he said rushing off to Tourney.

"Bye Carlos"