Chapter 1 Proclaimation

Charlotte ran down the hall to make it to Bens room in time as he wanted her there to help him explain his proclamation to his parents.

The Sleeve told Ben "Head. Ah-ha!"

Beast asked "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!"

"He's turning 16, dear." Belle reminded him.

"16?" He asked "That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

Belle scoffed and hit his arm lightly "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

Beast laughed "Ah, it was either you or a teapot." Ben laughed "Kidding." His father added.

Ben looked at his watch Charlotte was late, he would have to tell them without her "Mom, dad..."

Charlotte burst through the door panting, before quickly composing herself "I'm so sorry I'm late Ben. The meeting with the planning committee ran over"

"Oh what are we planning for?" Belle asked.

Charlotte took a deep breath "Well Ben here has chosen his first official proclamation."

Belle and Beast clapped "That's amazing what is it?" Beast asked.

"I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." He said slowly.

Beast and Belle stood silently in shock.

Ben looked out of the window "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

Beast asked "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?"

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most." Charlotte explained "He has already chosen them."

"Have you?" He asked his son.

Belle turned to her husband "I gave you a second chance." She turned to the group and asked "Who are their parents?"

Ben breathed in and slowly listed them "Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... and Maleficent."

Everyone in the room except Ben and Charlotte were shocked.

"Maleficent!" The king yelled "She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Your majesty, just hear him out please!" Charlotte begged.

Beast shook his head "I'm sorry Charlotte and Ben but I just won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent." Ben argued "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"

Beast sighed "I suppose their children are innocent."

"Well, well done. Shall we?" Belle said as she led her husband out of the room.

Charlotte let out a breath she didn't even realise she had been holding. "We'll that went well"

Ben laughed "God if I didn't have you here as my advisor I don't think I would have had the courage to tell them."

"It's okay. I'm sorry that the meeting ran over. Should I send word for them to be collected now?" Charlotte asked pulling the head guards number up on her phone.

"Yes please Charlotte" Ben thanked. Charlotte was about to leave when she said "Make the blazer blue ,it will look better"

Ben looked down and replied "Yeah it would. Thanks for the suggestion"

"No problem Ben"