Chapter 6 Hair

Jane stood in front of the mirror of Mal's and Evie's dorm.

"Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane complained.

Mal replied sarcastically "Auradon."

Evie turned to Mal "Mal, do you like?" She held up a dress she had been making.

Mal just waved her off "Yeah. Sure."

Charlotte looked at her "It's cute. It brings out your eyes."

Evie laughed "I know."

"Can you maybe make me an outfit for the coronation?" Charlotte asked "It's just I don't have the time to go dress shopping"

"Sure. I'd love to" Evie said.

Jane sighed "I'll never get a boyfriend."

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal and Charlotte told her at the same time.

"And how would you know, Mal?" Evie asked "You've never had one."

Mal sighed "It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time."

"She's not wrong" Charlotte agreed.

Evie jumped up "I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no."

"And that is exactly what I mean." Charlotte said gesturing to Evie "I mean if your gonna get a boyfriend at least don't choose my idiot of a brother"

There was a knock at the door and Lonnie walked in.
"Hey Lonnie" Charlotte said.

"Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan?" She explained to the two Vk's "No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?"

"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asked.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie offered.

Evie jumped up excitedly "Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights."

Lonnie looked happy "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's."

Mal looked shocked "Really?"

Evie joked "The split ends, too?"

Mal sighed and tried to hide her smile "Okay... "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair.""

Evie noticed Lonnie's sad face "I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..."

"No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it." Lonnie said protectively.

"You do?" Evie asked.

Lonnie sighed "It's just... Now I'm cool."

Mal smirked "Like ice."

Charlotte was going to scold Mal for using magic but she saw the happy look on her friends face and choose to say nothing.

Jane smiled and ripped a slit into the side of her skirt but then immediately regretted it "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!"