Chapter 8 True Loves Kiss

"Cover that back up!" Uma demanded.

"He will not!" Charlotte told her sternly.

Um, uh-- why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?

"I have an announcement! Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady.

"Son..." Beast tried to intervene.

"Not now, Dad!" he yelled

"The..." Ben began rubbing his head in pain "Uh, so as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all!"

Uma smirked as Ben turned to the Fairy Godmother "Fairy Godmother. Bring down the barrier."

"I most certainly will not." she said defying him.

"I am your king!" Ben yelled.

"Obey him." Uma demanded.

"And I'm the kings advisor. The law clearly states that if an advisor has been appointed then no law shall be passed by the king without full support of the advisor" Charlotte said. She turned to the crowd and announced "Ben's been spelled."

"Uma found your spell book." Evie told Mal as it was the only obvious explanation.

"Just look at me. Ben." Mal said "Ben. Look at me."

"No, look at me." Uma commanded him "You love me, remember?"

"No, you don't." Mal argued.

"Yes, you do." Uma told him sternly maintaining eye contact.

"Ben, look at me." Mal said.

"Bring down the barrier now!" Uma demanded.

"I do not take orders from you!" Charlotte said.

"Ben? Ben, I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself." she gestured to the glass window "But, Ben, that's me! I'm part Isle and part Auradon."

"Ben, eyes over here." Uma instructed.

Mal continued speaking "And, Ben, you've always known who we were-and who we can be."

"Don't listen to her." Uma commanded.

Mal smiled and cried "Ben, I know what love feels like now. Ben, of course I love you. Ben, I've always loved you." and she kissed him.

"Mal?" Ben asked confused,

Charlotte laughed "True love's kiss. Works every time."