12

There was a wild cat meowing in the yard. A yellow civet cat was lying on the courtyard wall. The cat's hair was messy and messy. It should be a wild cat, but the cat's size was normal. It exchanged with the old man lying on the rattan chair in the yard, probably wanting to test it out. Seeing that there was no response, it boldly jumped down.

    Zhou Xuejun is reading a book on a recliner. The title of the book is "Stocks, Knocking on China's Door". This should be the most popular book in the country in the early 1990s. market situation. The book analyzes the situation of 4 companies in Shenzhen that issued shares and were listed and traded, namely Shenzhen Development Bank, Vanke, Anda and Jintian.

    Combined with newspapers, this book shows the upsurge of stock trading in the whole country very intuitively. Workers even started not to go to work. Koreans and Japanese also came to Shenzhen to support the joint-stock system pilot, which led to the situation that some government agencies and enterprises in Shenzhen forced employees to use stocks to offset wages.

    Of course, Zhou Xuejun doesn’t care about these things. What he cares about is that Shenzhen Development Development Co., Ltd., which has been issued for less than a year, is the stock worth 5,000 yuan that Zhuang Xing helped him buy. The price has soared dozens of times. Now 88 yuan! And those workers who are forced to use their wages to offset their stocks have already become ten thousand yuan households. This year, the average salary of workers is 170 yuan a month. The 170 yuan of stocks is now exchanged for 10,200 yuan, which is equivalent to earning 5 years of wages in one month.  

    This astonishing huge profit has made it hard to find a ticket in the stock market. Now that the price of Shenzhen Development Bank has risen to sky-high prices, there are still people asking for a higher price.

      How scary is it? In order to prevent people from all over the country from 'waiting for currency', the government has introduced measures: the range of price rises and falls is reduced to 5%, and those who sell stocks need to pay a stamp duty of 6% of the market value of the stock!   

    In the evening, Shen Xiuzhu went to make a phone call with his grandfather. The phone booth was some distance away from their home. Even the wealthy Grandpa Zhuang’s house hadn’t popularized the installation of landlines yet. People have a headache, so there is a public phone.

    In the early 1990s, IC card telephone booths had been installed on a large scale across the country. Several people lined up at the public telephone booths next to the street lights. Shen Xiuzhu obediently stood at the end of the line and listened to the complaints of the people in front.

    "How long does this person have to talk?"

    "I don't know, I have been here for 20 minutes, and he was calling before I came..."

    Shen Xiuzhu looked curiously at the smiling woman holding the phone, he What he was thinking about was the dispute that had happened with his own eyes before. Someone chatted in a public phone booth for more than an hour, but someone went up and pressed the phone, so the two sides first started a quarrel and shoved, before they started fighting directly.

    This is also very common. Some people really need to communicate in an urgent matter, but the phone booths are public. Shen Xiuzhu only thought that he should not call for more than 10 minutes in the future. Then he thought, who else can he call him? As for the phone, my brother is far away abroad. It has been almost a year, and he can't even send a letter, let alone make a phone call.  

     Finally it was the turn of Shen Xiuzhu and the others. Zhou Xuejun checked the time, and before it was time for the BP pager, he discussed with the people behind him to call first, "Comrade, how long have you been calling? I will let you call soon. "