Wake Up

George POV

"Do you like, not want to talk about it? Get it off your chest?" Sapnap tried his best to help me.

I look down to my hands, trying to say something while I hesitantly move them around "I..." Nothing comes out. "I don't know. I just don't know." I'm clearly struggling.

"Take your time, man" he put a hand on my back. "If you don't want to speak about it though, that's totally fine by me."

Right now we are just walking without the actual intention of thoroughly looking at every open space that falls to our view. We have decided to just look for open rooms or doors with handles. Only way Dream is out of sight is probably because of having hidden himself, unless he's still roaming around.

I stuff my hands in my hoodie's pocket and keep my head down, rethinking the event in the bathroom again.

It's exhausting thinking about it all. Last night was filling my entire head with it, leaving me restless for the rest of the late hours. Filling me with bitterness, anger, hatred, sadness, fear... it angers me when having thought of many things about how it could have gone and ended. Things would've been so much better if only I wouldn't have allowed myself to get so small and not fight back.

I didn't fight enough for myself.

"Marco, he..." I didn't know how to begin. "He... he sort of forced me to come with him into the bathroom. Not physically, he used words. I just didn't want to be a bad friend and leave him. It didn't feel right."

"Weren't you at least feeling like that was suspicious he forced you to come to the bathroom with you? What excuse did he even have??"

"It's simple. He lied to me by saying that he had to 'take a little break'." I frowned. "Then after I entered, from there things start getting weirder. I still clearly remember how at the back of my mind I had a warning, telling me to leave. But of course I didn't do so. I was stubborn with myself in the worst moment ever. I'm a... fucking idiot.."

"I think anyone would have done that mistake if they were you in that position. You know, it's like 'don't wanna leave my buddy hanging' as you said and I can imagine you were just shocked. If Marco would've had a knife with him, that's a different situation though."

"Yeah, I guess... I mean, I did try to run away, but it was too late. That's the thing. I made the decision way too late because he was so close to me already, of course he could catch me in time. So... yeah."

"And that is so unfortunate." he sounded sympathetic.

"It is, I know" I let out a sad, heavy sigh. "It's just so dumb of me. The more I think about it, the more I realize how idiotic my handling of that situation was. Because Marco obviously hinted it all by starting the conversation with asking me on opinions about relationship and such, trying to find out if I am in one."

"Should've just said you are."

I got quiet. Fuck, I should have indeed done that instead.

Another way I would've been able to save myself if only I wouldn't have acted so dumb.

"You get what I mean? Doesn't mean you are in one though. You should never be too honest with strangers so that wouldn't happen."

"..Marco seems like to be having a different mind of his own. I feel like he would've done something to me either way. He's just so disgustingly determined to achieve things that he wants so badly. And in this situation, he wants me." Mild goosebumps run over my arms just from thinking that.

"Well, and I'm fucking determined to hit him to his unconsciousness next time I see him." Sapnap bitterly says. "Because fuck's sake, dude! I might sound insane for this, but with all honesty, I feel like Dream would fit you far better anyways! You two look like you just click. Marco should start seeing that too because no fucking way does he deserve you, George."