Hunter

George POV

I lean closer with my face towards the noticeboard to make out what the writing inside the table for each member of this team says. Quackity's writing wasn't exactly that clean and careful, especially on his bad days.

Oh right, he has those quite literally every day.

As I read through everyone's shifts which took me ages, nothing caught my interest. I've really lost all interest in working here, unless it comes to Dream despite me hating having to put him through the stress. But that's when I get to see him and that makes me happy. And what do I receive when going to others? Nothing other than the boredom and rudeness of scientists. At least with Sapnap there's some action where he keeps messing up, that's entertaining. Welp, might as well go to him. The table does say that him and Karl are currently in one of the experiment rooms with a hybrid to test its intelligence.

The other people were either busy with injecting the hybrids with something, testing strength or endurance, or some as simple as feeding or cleaning.

Hm, that reminds me that Dream would also need one at some point. Some parts of his fur are dried with blood, it ain't too pretty looking.

While I was in the big kitchen, I thought of finally making myself a quick meal. I refused to eat all day except with just one short meal that contained me eating one of Wilbur's made sandwiches in the morning. But the other days were pretty weak too, when I literally forgot to eat.

But I've caught some appetite again now that I'm standing in the kitchen.

I rummage through the lower cabinets, searching for instant noodles since that's always available here. Quick, easy meal.

When I find one, I start preparing it with some hot water inside its packaged plastic bowl and add its spices. I let it cook while I go pour myself water into a mug to hydrate. All that crying made me quite thirsty.

While I wait for my food to be prepared, I go back to the noticeboard on the wall while drinking. Just to let the time pass, I read through all the papers hanging there. I checked a different table that was about the hybrid-hunting. It happens around once every week because it's actually pretty rare to catch one. I wonder how they caught Dream because I doubt that he's an actual idiot, he knows his way around humans.

When he had told Wilbur his stories about the time in the city, I did hear some parts despite me having been zoned out almost the whole time.

I read from the very top which were the older dates that were a few months back and on the side it says whether the search went sucessful or not. The last date which was when Dream was caught, it stands on successful. Then I read the next date which was already written down. The hunters will go out late this night at 4 AM. When I read who would go outside, I expected to see Wilbur, Sapnap and Jack as always.

...

The porcelain mug shatters onto the floor and I choke on my water that I swallowed too quickly.

My ears ring from the loud shatter.

I keep coughing until this irritation in my throat subsides, and despite the water being all over the floor, I don't move.

Wilbur, Sapnap, Quackity, George

...it says.

Is this the right moment to cry? Out of happiness or out of fear?

I'm going outside for the first time in years.

I zone out and start to get lost in my daydreaming. I will see the nature again, breathe the fresh air, see the sky, the clouds, the flowers, the grass, wild natural animals, feel the breeze of cold wind, hear the chirping and singing of birds. I'll be able to see the sunrise.