The End?

George POV

I had to wait until someone came for Dream's help while the bear was being taken care of.

I had already grabbed the used bandage that was laying on the floor from Dream earlier and with that I apply pressure on his thick furred neck where the blood was flowing the most.

Dream didn't properly respond to me anymore, but was able to hold my hand at least. That has kept me from continuously crying worse.

But, I'm starting to have doubt. I don't think we're getting any help any time soon. Dream had transitioned back to his self long time ago which is not what I wanted since he'd get even weaker, and all the other bloody scratches on him look dangerous for him.

I cupped his right cheek and rubbed the cheekbone with my thumb while I looked him down in the eyes, making sure his eyes were also open. Open and alive.

"You'll make it... I know you can... you will.." I smile, but tears start to prickle in my eyes again.

I can't keep looking at him. I'm not sure whether I'm watching his life fade out of him, or if he's still fighting to stay alive.

I seriously can't keep watching when not doing anything about it. I have to prove myself that I'm not useless.

I stood up and tried to pick up Dream. At first I failed and almost dropped him back to the floor, but the second attempt with my legs barely holding up, I pick him up.

Hardly though. He's incredibly heavy compared to me and has a big height, and I'm not exactly the strongest guy.

So I barely hold onto him as I have thrown his arms over my shoulders and have my arms wrapped around his lower back.

I felt it getting a little easier, but that's because Dream was trying to weakly put his feet in place so he'd be standing. "Dream.. Hold onto me.." quite literally and metaphorically.

I hate how everyone else in the room wasn't paying any attention to me, as if I wasn't even in the room. Not a single hand offering help.

Dream propped his right arm more over me and dug his claws into my back, which at that I almost let a painful sound out. I bit down on my bottom lip, then my teeth.

But he understood me. After all, I told him to hold onto me.

Now, I started to walk backwards. One step, and I stop for a breather. Another step, I stop again. And that repeats. And I'm realizing fast that I can't keep going like that, it's impossible for me. I'm out of breath within just the next ten steps and Dream slips out of my hold in the middle of the hallway as my muscles felt sore from strain.

He starts to go more numb, no wonder I can't keep holding him anymore.

But I start to sob, the knot in my throat making it painful to breathe at this point. I sob, making myself even weaker even if I can't help it. "Dream.. no.. I can save you if only you just..." I drop to my knees in front of him and start to shake horribly.

No, I can't give up.

I halfly stand up again and turn around. I grab onto Dream's hands and try to put him on my back to try carry him like that. But I'm already so exhausted from earlier, I don't see myself being capable of holding him even like this.

Then suddenly, behind me I hear someone running at me.

God, fuck no, if that's Quackity, there's no more saving for either of us. This is the end.

"George," Wilbur was out of breath "give him to me, let me help you"

I could cry from happiness. This is the word I have been waiting for. Help.