Endless

(Quick filler chapter)
Dream POV

I can't keep doing this anymore.

I'm losing my own battle.

I'm out of air, I'm filled with nothing other than fear.

I run from something I do every time I'm here. It's always the same.

I heavily pant on spot, unable to continue despite me knowing it's about to get to me.

All my fours are starting to give up on me as well, so I just tremble with my tail tucked in between my legs.

As soon as I catch enough air, sudden, double my weight of my hybrid form drops onto me from above and digs its claws into my sides "GIVE UP" such as teeth in my neck.

The monster double my size, my weight and as dark as the cursing void.

All I focus on is to keep on standing and not drop to the ground before it'll kill me again.

This is an endless nightmare.

The worry, the fear, the stress has officially gotten to me from the past days, and this is it. The monster is after me until I give it all up. It wants my body.

This has been my fourth death in the same nightmare, thus about to turn into five because I'm reaching my limit.

What I'm trying to survive is my own anxiety from the real world because it has become too powerful!

It bites deeper into my neck from the side where it's getting the worst of me. That's where my trauma lies and it keeps repeating every moment before death.

My legs lose strength and I drop to the floor, where my arms aren't much help either.

It somehow becomes heavier.

This is a dream I have no control of, and it chooses to torment me until I fully give up my body instead of making it quick. Chasing me, giving me a shock of adrenaline.

"PLEASE!" I yelp out, crying helplessly.

"You're miserable, Dream. Give up, you'll feel much better again by giving your body to me. Give. It. Up." it whispered right into my ear which sent goosebumps through my entire body.

"Never...." tears stream down from the immense pain through that bite on my neck.

My snout was grabbed and it twists my head up to make me look at it. There's nothing I see other than the red, glowing eyes above me. My own death, my reflection in a sense. Its body really is one with the void.

"Five." it says and within a second, I lose vision.

Like as if my own consciousness blinked, I was back up on my feet, but drained with the pain still remaining. This is the worst thing about this all.

The more often I die, the more pain is being added and I doubt I'll be holding onto myself any longer.

I just need someone to wake me up, pull me out of this nightmare before it's too late.

I drop to my stomach right away to not strain my body any more. There's no point in running, it will get to me no matter what.

"Is this the part where you're giving up?" its voice echoes through the void. I look around, but those red eyes were nowhere to be seen.

I lower my head to the ground and cover my face "NO!" I shout with so much agony "Not in a million years! Just leave me the FUCK alone!"

I feel a presence next to me and my heart almost stops beating from the gentle touch on my left shoulder.