Not A Human Thing

George POV

I couldn't believe my eyes, since my guess had become real! It felt great to prove others wrong.

"Guys, I literally told you! Look at this, these are literally the same brain waves as of a human when in a working, concentrated state. It's very frequently going up and down sharply" I traced my index finger over the diagram.

"No fucking way" Wilbur grabbed the papers from me and looked at it nearer, unfolding a bit from the paper to see a bigger portion. Sapnap and Jack were looking at it too. "This is-"

"-crazy! I know!-"

Wilbur interrupted my excitement. "No, dumbass! This is illegal! If he's actually human, like, we can't confirm immediately, but if he is, then we are busted!"

"What? Wilbur, everything we've been doing for years here is illegal! What do you mean?"

"Oh my goddd" Sapnap groaned "What Wilbur is trying to say is that we will be experimenting on a literal human. But- I don't understand. How?" he looked to Dream. "He can transition into this hybrid which is not a human thing to do. I thought it was all just a myth?"

I was pretty bewildered actually because I don't know how to continue. This brain wave testing was just to see whether he is functional enough to work with and they wouldn't be constantly experimenting on nature's failure in the future. As mean as it sounds, that's how it is.

Then I got an idea "I.. uh.. What if I'll try triggering him again and look at what the waves say then? I mean, maybe there's a change in his brain possible while transitioning. I'm not sure. Anything is possible at this point." I offered.

"Yeah, since everything is possible at this point, you might as well try. I even took the muzzle with us just in case, here, take it" Jack said. He picked it up from a shelf and handed it over to me. "Try to trigger him with this. We'll be here just in case, alright?"

I nodded. I went out of the room with my key card and returned to Dream. Then, I saw the other door open that we used to enter this room with.

My jaw dropped from shock when I saw Schlatt enter.

I swallowed nervously.

"So, what's going on? Reading brain waves right now, am I right?" he looked at the machine for a split second, but then walked up to Dream. He stood by the side and looked at him.

"Yes, Schlatt." I responded immediately and walked to the other side of the chair, opposite to my boss.

"And care to explain why the muzzle is off?"

"Yes, uhm, we decided to take it off as it wasn't helping our situation, only making things more difficult for us. Dream seemed so stubborn the whole time."

"Number 132." he corrected me.

"Right, sorry."

Schlatt pinched the bridge of his nose and squinted his eyes for a moment, thinking.

"And also, were you coming announced or did I miss someone's word? I didn't know you were coming in today" I asked because I hate working in his presence. He's the reason I'm stuck here in this lab in the first place. Who wouldn't hate him?

"I came unannounced" he looked to the window behind him, staring at the three for a moment before back to Dream. "Because I've decided to see this specimen with my own eyes. You don't see this every day afterall."

Schlatt took Dream's left hand and stretched out the fingers, looking at the sharply, black naturally grown claws. He traced his own index finger over his arm, feeling how the fur's pattern was on his skin. His upper body wasn't just skin afterall, half of his arms, from there up to his shoulders, shoulderblades and neck are covered in fur. That makes him unique.