Betrayal. Betrayal. Betrayal...

Dream POV

I still can't believe this. They managed to catch me. How could I have possibly let my guard down in that moment? I keep thinking back to this moment, about how I could've done better and not present myself as such a fool in front of them. It's just embarrassing. And how dare they say all those things to me? All those hurtful things? They really think that all creatures are mindless, I can't believe this. Then the audacity to lock me up in god knows where and what for.

But, that one human was pretty kind to me. I like him. Though I still can't put my guard down now, this all might be a trick. Make me trust them. What for? I need answers, this is messing with my head. I've never in my life felt so vulnerable before, I don't know how to act.

What if I show that I trust them and I'll just escape at some point? No, that can't work. The doors are most likely locked. Common sense. Come on Dream, think. Think! I frowned, hitting my head and gripping onto my hair with full on frustration. I then held my ears and pulled them down. This loneliness and sense of time that I've lost is driving me crazy, and the screams of other hybrids really isn't helping me think.

When the hell is he returning to me again? Or did he forget about me? There's no way it will take them longer than another day.

Then, I felt like I heard something else, something that I genuinely wished to hear. I let go of my ears and let them hear through everything, and it was clearer than ever. I can hear the familiar voice laughing. I felt relief and excitement all at once.

I stood up and slowly started to approach the glass. I leaned my right ear directly to the wall and heard steps becoming louder, but those were more than just his. Different weights. Of course he'd come with others, he told me that yesterday. I forgot.

When I saw him, my tail started wagging a little, but as soon as I saw someone else from last time, now walking next to him, I got upset. I analyzed the items that they were all holding. It did not look friendly.

I already started to back off as they got closer and looked at me with smiles. Is this really the right time to smile? How dare he smile and laugh? Already, I felt betrayed. Just like that.

"Dream!" the boy seemed excited in one way. My ears twitched at that call of my name, but I tried not to react other ways.

"Hey, buddy, come on, I've returned." he put down the heavy muzzle next to him and crouched down. I didn't move my head but looked down at him from the side. "Sorry for the company of others, but I told you that it's impossible to avoid since I need support."

I looked down at him and crossed my arms. I saw it in his face that he knew this wasn't working. Hey, maybe they'll leave me be? But then, he looked behind himself to the others as they just shrugged at him.

He has his eyes back on me and sighs. "I forgot to introduce myself yesterday to you now that I remembered. My name is Ge-"

My eyes were now full on listening with curiosity, but the boy was interrupted by his friend, whispering something to his ear. He did not react happily, as he hit the other's leg, pushing him away and frowning "What the hell? He's not an idiot! You can clearly see that he's like a human and will remember it. Sapnap, you're awful" and that Sapnap guy was just chuckling under his breath, backing off and exchanging words with others. I hated how they all talked so quietly, as if they were making fun of me or something.

He shook his head and turned his attention back to me "I'm George" he smiles at me.

George.

I repeat that name in my head a few times as I start approaching him and crouching down on George's level.

"You're not gonna put that on me, are you?" I finally spoke and pointed at the muzzle next to him.