Amusing

Dream POV

I wrapped my arms around his waist to get closer to him with touch, finding it quite relaxing and calming actually. I can't lie, but I am indeed grateful that George is such a kind human compared to others that are very stubborn when it comes to understanding me. Or giving me a chance at least.

Yet never did I think I would feel safe around someone that I tried avoiding all my life. But, George is different.

I grip onto his clothes, but at the same time avoid to dig holes into them. "Don't put the dumb muzzle on me again, it sucks."

George sighed looking up "I'll speak to them about it. Maybe I can do something, I'll see." then he started to pick on my curly hair, carefully pulling the knots apart. "I'm sorry for having put you through that unnecessary stress."

Though everything is unnecessary, such as me being here.

"But soon we have to go out again and start with our first test on you. I'm not suppose to tell you this, but, whatever. We will be reading your brain waves with a machine. It won't hurt. That's what we do with every new hybrid here before we start the long process, as long as it survives." as scary as the truth sounded, I still didn't seem to be stressed about it. George told me he'd get me out of here alive sooner or later, so I still hold onto that thought dearly.

"But I'll be fine, right?" I asked calmly, focusing on the thing that George was doing to my hair. I was confused, but didn't question as it felt nice.

George didn't answer right away, I definitely heard him hesitating a little "..Yes. You will be fine. I wouldn't exactly risk my life for you, but I'd risk everything else to get you out of here again."

Which is fair, I wouldn't risk my life for him either. He is a caring human, sure, but not worth my life. I don't care about how selfish that sounds.

I opened my eyes again and sat up, looking at George expressionless. My glance changed to between the muzzle next to us, him and the door to check whether someone had returned.

George was following my eyes and started to pull the muzzle away from me, hiding it behind his back. I was fine with that. He got the message, that's all that matters.

He then pulled the pistol and key card out of his pocket and put both items on the floor next to him so he could take his white coat off. And to be honest, when he started shoving it into my hands, I didn't know what he wanted me to do with it. George was now left in his beige colored sweater.

"Put it on, you're quite literally shirtless." he smiled. "At least be able to cover up your shoulders."

I stared at the white, thin material in my hands for a while. Still not sure why he offered me this since I wouldn't need this in my nature. I put it on with a little bit of his help and realized the sleeves were too short on me, it not being able to cover up my wrists at all despite it being oversize for him.

"Okay?" I looked at myself, checking it out at the oddly soft material hugging my skin.

George giggled, trying to suppress his laughs by covering his mouth "You're quite amusing I have to admit. So confused all the time"

I raised my brows at him and didn't give him any other reaction which made the brunet crack up into more little laughs. What is his issue??

He stopped laughing as soon as my ears got very straight, pointing to a certain direction. I looked past George, and that's when he did so too.

Wilbur, Sapnap and Jack have returned.

George stood up, but I grabbed him by the hem of his pants, not letting go of him "No, please" I quietly begged.