(18)

-3 years later-

Although we both lie close together we feel miles apart inside

Was it something I said or something I did?

Did my words not come out right?

Though I tried not to hurt you

Though I tried

But I guess that's why they say

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorn

Yeah it does

I listen to our favorite song playing on the radio

Hear the DJ say love's a game of easy come and easy go

But I wonder does he know?

Has he ever felt like this?

And I know that you'd be here right now

If I could have let you know somehow

I guess

Though it's been a while now

I can still feel so much pain

Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals

But the scar, that scar remains

I know I could have saved a love that night if I'd known what to say

Instead of makin' love we both made our separate ways

And now I hear you found somebody new

And that I never meant that much to you

To hear that tears me up inside

And to see you cuts me like a knife

I guess

----------

I sing to my children. They slowly fall asleep as I sing. I slowly stand up and walk out of their bedroom.

I walk out to the living room and see Dean going over the bills.

"We need to talk." he says. Looking at the wedding expenses.

"Yes dear." I smile kissing his cheek.

"We might not have enough money to get married here at the church like you wanted. Maybe we can go to the field and have garth marry us?" He says.

I look at him and smile. He has given up on hunting when the kids were born. He started working at the auto shop in town. I give him a small peck on the lips and start to walk away. But he grabs my wrist and kiss me with passion. I sit on top of him and move my body to our stomachs are touching.

He moves my brown hair and kisses my neck. I moan a little and he moves his lips back to mine. I take my shirt off, following by his. I wrap my legs around his waist as he picks me up and walk to the bedroom.

He lays me down on my back as he trails kisses down me stomach. He goes down to my thighs and looks up at me and inches off my yoga pants. He smiles and kisses me more. I unbuckle his pants and he takes them off. He hovers over me kissing me with so much passion.

He takes off my underwear teasing me ever so sightly as i moan arching my back up. I say his name under breath. He takes his underware off and slides in. I moan as he starts to move. He starts to move faster and I claw at his back with pleasure and need.

When we are done we cuddle next to each other in our bed and look at each other. Each day I wake he seems more beautiful than the last. I place my hand on his cheek. He didn't shave today so there was a slight stubble. I smile and move closer to him and lazily kiss him on the lips. He drapes his arm over my waist.

After a few minutes I break the silence. "Have you ever thought of having more kids?" I ask with my eyes closed.

"Yes, I would like to have more. I believe that my parents would have had more if nothing happened." He says back.

"I love you." I say opening my eyes to stare back into his green eyes.

"I love you Amee." he says bringing my face to his.