Chapter Seventy-Six: Golden Monk

Warning: Cursing, Violence

Ming's first time meeting her papa's master...she doesn't see the appeal.
Also, Red Son's Season 4 design.
I reeallllyyyy fucking hate Tripitaka. Like, I know he gets better during the journey, but right now? He's just an asshole.
TLT stands for Traffic Light Trio

Looking around the old village, both Mei and Red Son grumbled at the lack of cell service, as Ming clung to her brother's shirt, shying away at the gentle smile a vendor sent her, tail curling around MK's arm. None of them bothered putting on any glamours, since demons were common back in this era, and their current outfits appeared to blend well in the environment.

"This sucks!" The dragon girl whined, angrily stuffing her phone away in a pocket space, just like Macaque had taught her, since her current outfit--a Qipao--had no room for storage. "How are we supposed to look for the others, if I can't text them?!"

"Mother and father won't be pleased if I don't answer them near dinner time," The fire user sighed, stashing away his own device in his robe pocket, ignoring the nervous looks he received, as the people noted his bull features and the symbol on his outfit...his families, symbol. A rather infamous on back in the day. "They'll got storming up the mountain if I don't answer, and the last thing we need is them confronting Azure and breaking his concentration, leaving us stranded here."

"Relax you two, why don't we ask around to see if anyone's seen anything," MK noted how nervous the people were getting at the irritated expression on his boyfriend's face, remembering how the male's father was rather infamous in the past, and knowing it'd be best to not draw too much attention to them. "Judging by were we are, I'd say that this is around the beginning of the Tang Monk's story, meaning that he just started out on his journey. So, why don't we try looking for him? I mean, if Mr. Tang really is, the reincarnation of the monk, then he'd have replaced him...right?"

"Good idea, just one minor problem," Red Son huffed, motioning around the village, eye twitching slightly. "He's not here!"

"So let's ask around," Grabbing the bull's wrist with his free hand, and the dragon's wrist with his tail, the golden monkey dragged them off towards a random vendor, shooting the woman a sunshine smile. "Hello there ma'am, my name is MK, and I was wondering if you'd happen to have seen--"

"No! Nope! I am not, getting involved with the Demon Bull King's lackeys!" Quickly shutting the shutters to her stall, the lady dismissed the group, who just stood there in shock.

"Ooookkkaayyyy...well that went...not as I'd hoped....uh...." Nervously biting his lip, the boy looked back as his partner and sibling, who both shrugged, neither knowing what to do. "Let's ask someone else?"

Unfortunately, the other citizens all seemed to have the same idea, as each person they went to, all happened to quickly dismiss the kids, in favor of not getting involved with the Bull King, making both MK and Mei turn to Red Son with grumpy expressions, "I think I preferred it, when your dad wasn't, such a big deal."

"You say that like I have a semblance of control over any of this," The prince huffed, eyes widening as he noted how one of their group was missing, frantically looking around for Ming, only to spot her walking over to an old lady walking through the street, and gently tugging on her robes.

"E-excuse me miss?" Looking down at the little monkey, the granny smiled and began cooing over how adorable the princess was, gently pulling on her cheeks. "Have you seen a man with black hair, red and yellow robes, and glasses? It would really help us out, please?"