Chapter Twenty-Three: Crown Prince

Warning: N/A

This chapter is truly adorable :]
Yes this is cannon to the AU

"You want to what?" Pigsy asked, he and Tang just standing there in shock, staring at the simian husbands across from them.

"We want to adopt MK," Wukong repeated, looking quite nervous under the two's gazes.

When the two immortals came in on Sunday, which was the one day a week that the shop was closed, Tang and Pigsy were quite surprised. Their surprise was replaced by curiosity, when Macaque pulled out what appeared to be government documents, which then changed to shock when it was revealed that they were adoption papers...adoption papers that were legally filled out the two.

All it needed was MK's signature...and his foster parent's consent. Mind you, this was a month after DBK's defeat.

"Why are you asking us?" Tang rose a brow in confusion.

"Because you two are the ones who raised him first, who helped heal him after everything he's been through," Macaque was the one to speak now. "We want to respect that."

A moment of silence...

"Promise you'll take good care of him?" The pig demon huffed, narrowing his eyes at the two. 

"We swear to it," The monkeys spoke, serious looks on their faces.

"Then I'm okay with it," Pigsy shrugged, turning to his husband. "Tang?"

"I..." The scholar bit his lip, it was obvious how nervous he was about this, but when he remembered how happy the boy looked with the immortal family, Tang couldn't help but give a sigh. "Yes. I'll let you adopt him."

(;° ロ°)∑(; °Д°)(;° ロ°)∑(; °Д°)(;° ロ°)

"I'm...I'm not in trouble, am I?" MK sat across from his sister and father figures/mentors, shuffling uneasily in his seat, as they were all gathered at the table in the family's house, on Flower Fruit Mountain, Macaque having called over the boy, saying there was something important to discuss.

"You're not in any trouble kiddo'," Monkey King chuckled, rubbing the back of his head, as his tail skittishly waved about. "If anything, we should be the nervous ones."

"Wha--?"

The teen jumped when an adorably serious Ming slammed down papers onto the table, "Be my big brother!"

The shadow king let out an exasperated sigh, "You were supposed to wait until we told you hun."

"I don't--"

MK was once again cut off, but this time it was of his own accord, as he sat stock still, staring frozen at the papers in front of him. These papers, these legal adoption papers, stared back at him, with the family's names written on them.

They were asking--or in Ming's case, demanding--him to be a part of their family.

"The decision is up to you cub," Macaque smiled gently. "If you don't feel like you're ready, or if you don't want to do this, we'll--"

"Y-yes!" MK immediately squeaked out, flushing in embarrassment when he'd realized what he'd done, giving a cough fiddling with his hands. "Yes. I want to be a part of your family."

Bright smiles broke across the family's faces, as Ming giddly handed MK the pen, squealing as he signed his new last name on the paper...

Qí Xiǎotiān Sun Six-Ears

"Welcome to the family kiddo,'" Monkey King smiled, him and the other simians wrapping MK up in a warm hug, giving out happy chirps and purrs.

"Thanks pa," Happy tears ran down the teen's face, as he returned the hug.

"How'd you even get legal adoption papers anyway?"

"Let's just say, Heaven got a wonderful wake up call this morning~"

Part One of the Family arc is complete...............................