Chapter Sixty-Five: Scars

Warning: Violence, mentions of gore, blood

So I may have done a thing, which lead to another thing, and now here's angst for Ming!~
Song is Father and Daughter by Paul Simon

Also, Season 4 designs for MK, Ming, Mei, Red Son, Kieran, Rumble, Savage, Mac and Wukong are in the works

Yèdēng= Night Light
Bàba= Dad
Mèimei= Younger Sister
Gēge= Big Brother

"Monkey King!" Red Son's voice was what brought the ginger simian back to reality, said royal looking over at the teenage demon, who'd joined himself, his husband and--when did Nezha get here? "Think back to the sealing of the Samadhi Fire! Did anything especially important happen? Anything that would explain why Ming had one of the rings stuck inside of her?!"

Racking his brain for answers, the golden eyed immortal couldn't think of anything, the Lotus Prince using his magic to free the others of their ice prisons like he'd done for himself, and the monkey husbands.

But Macaque...he'd remembered something, "The stray flame...that's it..."

Everyone looked over at the shadow user in confusion.

"The one stray flame that managed to get away and tried to harm the monk! It must've somehow planted itself into....into..." 

"Into you," Nezha supplied for the horrified parent, knowing where Macaque was going with his explanation. "And I'm guessing, during your child's creation, it passed down from you to her, which is why she holds the last ring."

"So how do we get it out of her?!" Mei spoke up, herself and the others unable to withstand the cries of their sister/daughter/niece any further.

"We cannot," The flower god spoke up gravely, his knuckles turning white as he gripped his spear tightly. "The fire will consume her, and burn everything in it's path...that is the fate of this child."

If you ever awake,
In the mirror of a bad dream.

"WHAT?!" Everyone else screamed, with Ming's sobbing getting louder upon hearing this.

"NO!" Macaque shouted, shaking his head, his mind devolving into disarray at the thought of losing one of his children. "That-...that won't happen! It won't! It-it can't! Not my yèdēng!"

And for a fraction of a second,
You can't remember where you are.

"Yeah!" MK shouted angrily, tail whipping about in anger and desperation. "Ming's strong! She'll...she'll be okay!"

The teen was more so trying to convince himself than the god in front of him.

"Red Son!" Wukong's voice caught the bull demon's attention, who turned to face a desperate king. "Red--you, you gotta' take the fire back! Do--do something! Anything! Get rid of it!"

"I don't know how!" The red head shouted back, his temper flaring up at the sounds of his friend's heartbreaking sobs. "Do you honestly think that I'd allow a child to go through such pain if I knew how to get rid of it?!"

Just open your window,
And follow your memories,
Upstream.

The king felt silent again, thoughts swarming his mind like a hive of angry wasps, before he came to a final conclusion...and a risky one at that...

"Then we finish the ritual, and transfer the fire to Red Son," Monkey King spoke up, getting the group's attention.