"Yeah.. That's why I'm not going to say anything. Like I said, I'll be fine."

"If you say so." He smiled and walked back to his classroom. I went ahead and put some grades into the computer since I had nothing else to do. I got a text message, and I knew it was Carter because she has a certain text tone.

What're you doing?

Putting grades in the computer. What about you?

Wishing there was a way I could sneak away from everyone. I'm so tired and cranky, so I'm getting mad at everything they say and do. I obviously don't want all these people around me, but I don't want to be too mean. They're pissing me off though.

Trust me, I know you're cranky.

I'm so sorry about this morning baby. I didn't mean to take it out on you. I'm just so stressed about everything, I don't know what to do, and it's aggravating me. Then, my grandparents are pestering me about who you are, and I'm just not ready to trust them with that yet.

You never told me that... But look, I understand, and it's okay. Tonight, I'll give you a nice massage and we can just relax and watch TV. No stress, no worries.

I would really like to do that, but Grandma wants me to come over and show her how I bake my cookies so well. Then Grandpa wants me to watch the game with him.. I'm sorry. It probably seems like I'm ditching you for them, but I just met them, and I want to get to know them.

It's fine, don't worry about it. I guess Megan and I will just watch some chick flicks together or something. The bell's about to ring, I'll see you in class.

Okay. I'm really sorry.. I love you.

I love you too.

I took a deep breath and let it out. Megan's not even going to be home tonight. She's going out with Kale. I guess it'll just be a night to myself. It does feel like I'm getting ditched, and it really hurts, but I know she's just bonding with them. I just wish I could have more time with the girl I love.

The bell rang and I went out to the hallway. Carter and Amy aren't the first two inside anymore. They came in right before the bell rang.

"Morning Ms. Stewart." They said as they came in. I smiled and told them good morning. I shut the door as the bell rang and went into the classroom.

"Good morning class. Do the problems on the board in your notebooks, and if you need help, don't hesitate to ask." They nodded and starting taking out the notebooks to do it. Carter whispered to Amy, groaned, and raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a pencil I could borrow? I think I lost mine." She always has her supplies.. Too much on her mind I guess. I nodded and went to my desk to get one.

"Carter not having a pencil? It's unbelievable!" Brett said. Carter rolled her eyes and thanked me for the pencil.

"I can forget things Brick." She said annoyed and started doing the problems. He was about to reply, but I interrupted him.

"You two, don't start it today."

"Like forgetting how to play basketball? You literally put yourself in for two minutes. Too scared to play? I don't know why everyone praises you. You don't even do anything. You just let everyone else do the work for you." Carter balled up her fists and took deep breaths trying to calm herself down. Amy tried to help her. The boys on the team with Carter were getting angry.

"Brett, stop it right now. If you say one more thing, I'm sending you to the principle. I will not tolerate this in my class anymore." He smirked and did his work. I didn't like that. I felt like he had a plan.