Gratitude

Isha's POV.

Ezra dropped me home. I told her I didn't need her to bring me inside, I'd do it myself.

So, I rolled my wheels towards the entrance of the house and then managed to get up for nearly two seconds, I pressed the doorbell and then sat back down waiting for Ishaan to open the door.

The door opened as Ishaan stood there arms folded.

"Where's Ezra and why did it take so long? You could've texted me you know? I was worried sick—"

"Ishaan" I cut him off. He sounds worried sick.

"What?" He asks concerned.

"Get me in please" I said.

He came out behind me and brought me inside the house before bringing me to the dining room.

"How did rehab go?" He asked bending down in front of me.

His green eyes met my brown ones. He worries for me even where there's nothing to worry about.

"It went well." I said.

"You know I don't mind you going with Ezra but you have to at least text me to let me—"

"I have something for you" I cut him off again and slightly turn to pull out a bouquet of blue hydrangeas from my bag.

"This is for you" I added.

"Flowers? For me?" He asked dumbstruck.

"You got me flowers peach? That's my job" he said smiling. That's the smile I was looking for.

"No that's not just your job. I can also offer them to you. Do you know why I picked these ones?" I asked. He nodded no.

"Gratitude. Ishaan...I think you're the only good thing I have left after everything. The fact that you stuck by my side makes me really...grateful. I don't think I'd want to live any longer if you weren't to be here with me...day and night taking care of me. Thank you for everything...my only love." I expressed myself.

"Peach," he cocked his head down staring at the flowers before looking back up at me.

"I love you Isha" he said making my heart flutter.

I grabbed his face between my hands and pulled him to me before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you more" I replied pulling back.

He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it a couple times.

I never thought i'd say this after everything that we've been through but...I love this man. I love him with all his flaws. With all the mistakes he's done, with all the tears he's made me pour. I loved him imperfect and I love him equally as perfect.

***

Five months later.

"You got it, you got it...yes you got it! Keep going Isha! Keep going!" My rehab counsellor was encouraging me as I was walking by my own after 8 months.

"Yes Isha! You got it!" He exclaims cheerfully.

"Oh my god." Ishaan came back with water bottles dropping them on the floor out of shock. He stared at me jaw dropped.

"Isha...you're...walking on your own..." he says.

I carefully make my way to him and then the adrenaline rushes and I stop for a second before running to him and into his arms. This feeling...I can't even explain it in words. I've been yearning to hold him for so long. I held him with all the strength in me.