Flowers

Isha's POV.

"How about this ring? This one looks way better. It suits you so well, trust me." I'm helping Ezra pick out a ring for her Nikah.

Ezra's parents are completely different from mine. Mine are traditional and they never let go of their culture. As for hers, they let their daughter chose whatever she desires. At first, Ezra wanted to get engaged and then jump to the Nikah.

But, since all the chaos that I went through, she wasn't able to plan out the engagement knowing that I was probably not going to be able to make it. There was too much tension and worries to celebrate anything.

So, she decided with her soon to be husband Ahmed that they will simply get their Nikah done. Then, they would be able to spend as much time together as they want and also save a ton of money. She plans on having a small after party for the Nikah and that seems to be enough for my best friend.

"Okay but what about the blue diamond, don't you think it's super unique?" She asked me. I keep telling her to go for the ring she first picked but she's hesitating.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang.

"I'll check" I told her before leaving the dining room.

I opened the door and found a bouquet of rose at the doorstep. Of course, it's Sunday. He had to send me new ones before the old ones die. I grabbed the bouquet and closed the door before making my way back to the dining room.

"Oh god, not again?" Ezra knows all about it.

"You know I can't stop him" I placed the bouquet on the dining table and grabbed the note that was placed in.

Another week passes by without holding you, without feeling you, without touching you. The roses remind me of how delicate you were with me and how destructive I was towards you. Forgive me, my peach. Have a nice weekend. Yours Only.

"Can I see what's on that note?" she asked me.

"Sure" I gave it to her.

"I don't know how you're not falling for this. I'd be head over heels." she says.

"I never said that I didn't feel anything"

"How long do you plan on keeping this distance between the both of you guys?" she asked.

We've been distant for about 3 months. After that night, I forgave him. However, it didn't mean that I was over it. I meant what I said. I needed time and I am taking it. He has been sending me roses every Sunday with these notes. Somehow, they always arrive where I am.

"I don't know...don't get me wrong. I do love him and I forgive him. But...it's like I'm scared that...if I let him in...I'll get hurt again." I honestly said.

"That's normal. You got heartbroken twice. You're trying to protect your peace. Take your time, okay?"

"I will, thank you." we smiled at each other.

"Now, that I'm thinking about it...I think the first ring I picked is the one." she says.

"Told you so" we literally have been arguing on this for the past hour.

***

Nikah day of Ezra and Ahmed.

"you see, this is why I absolutely love having friends that aren't white—for these kind of events" Justin is overexcited for this Nikah and mostly for the after party. He wants to show off his MJ moves. I can't wait to see it.

"why didn't you bring along Rosie?" I asked curious.

"she's working overnight. She's a nurse. I don't blame her." he said.