Selfish

Ishaan's POV.

Marcos claps his hands while laughing out loud. I don't know what is so funny. I'm literally walking on eggshells right now. She hates me and it's clear that she wants me dead after I told her about her dad.

"You just made a mess. And, I'm gonna have to clean it up for you." He said finally getting serious.

"I had no other choice. She was about to get married to someone she doesn't even love and who's into someone else as well. I did what I could at the last minute." I said.

"Listen, I get it okay. But...this just isn't right. A few more days and...her parents will flip out. They'll call the cops on you and we'll have a bigger mess to clean." I don't care. I'm not letting her go.

"They'll understand. For god's sake, her sister's marrying the dude she was supposed to marry. That's a huge shock. They will understand." I insisted.

"Are you sure it's her father? Did you think about why he'd do that to your family?" He asked me.

"I don't and I don't care. I have proof—"

"Proof that was given to you by our enemies." Damn it.

"Where's Elizabeth Ishaan?" He then asked.

"Why should I know where she is?"

"Because she's been into you since high school. You and I both know that after she had given you the proof that no one knows where she got it from—you decided to give her what she wanted. She's probably waiting for you at the hotel you left her in before the kidnapping." He knows everything.

"She was drunk and she called me—I just picked her up and left her at the hotel. I don't like her that way."

"That's what you say but you're always there for her. And, believe it or not that's wrong of you. For you to not want her to be fully yours yet you're always there when she needs you. You're just showing her that you still have a space for her in your life. Especially when you're a married man now...I don't know Isha personally but I know women. She'll despise you even more." He explained. He's got a point.

It's hard to get rid of her. He's right. She's always there when I need her and she's helped me find out who killed my parents. We dated a while and then I just felt like I was betraying my own self while being with her. I kept thinking about Isha the whole time so I made sure we stopped meeting. But, for some reason our paths keep colliding. And, knowing what she did for me—I always feel the need to help her.

"Go home and go take care of your wife and clean up your mess. Don't make it too hard for me or I'll kick you in the balls." I smirked before leaving his office.

I drove back home and made my way towards the entrance. The food I had ordered was left at the front door. She didn't eat anything. I grabbed it and got inside making my way to the living room. She was here watching tv. She had changed into my clothes that were way too big for her. I liked that.

"I'm back" I said as she ignored me.

"Why didn't you pick up the delivery?" I asked knowing she won't reply.

"You're starving yourself" I added.

I snatched the remote from her hand and shut down the tv.

"You need to eat" I stood in front of her.

She looked away.

I opened the delivery revealing a delicious breakfast. It's around 5pm now which is too late for breakfast but we can't let it go to waste.

"Eat" I ordered.

"Eat before I make you eat it myself"

"You're just going to keep ignoring me?" I asked.