Gangster Creature

Isha's POV.

I don't know how to feel about this. I mean I'm just tutoring him. But, after what he said to me last time, the stupid nickname he gave me...I don't know if I'll be able to tutor him anymore.

I mean just look at him. He's a walking red flag. I don't want to be around a person like him. Why did I agree to it in the first place? I'm so dumb!!

"Sweet peaches?" oh my Allah!

"Can you stop calling me that?" I asked irritated.

"No. I like it." He can't be for real.

"Okay but I don't."

"Not my problem."

"Ishaan, I'm serious."

"Can you help me solve this?" He asked instead.

I rolled my eyes before proceeding with explaining how to solve the math problem.

"Once you get to understand this part, you'll be good to do all the exercises. It's all about that one formula." I explained.

One thing is for sure, he is not as stupid as he thinks he is. I'm pretty sure the tips and tricks I've given him will make things easier for him. His next grade will prove me wrong or right.

"Ishaan" we both looked up to meet his girl. Somehow, she always shows up when we're together.

"Oh my god..." Ishaan rubbed the back of his neck sounding frustrated.

"I'll give you guys some space" I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"No don't. Elizabeth, say whatever you have to say. I don't have much time for you." He said while focusing on his homework.

This is awkward.

"Stop ignoring me seriously after everything we've been through now you want to give me the cold shoulder—"

"All we did was make out for like 3 months. It means nothing. Get over it." He replied.

Kissing for three months? In this generation? Is this possible?

"I want more. Look, I'm sure my dad will take you in his gang. Then, we can be more than what we just are. Come on, forget about fucking Marcos—"

"Fuck no." He slammed his hands on the desk and got up. Now, he was angry.

"You say a word about Marcos and I will—fuck. Don't make me hurt you. I'm not interested Elizabeth. Me and you, we're done." He sat back down as Elizabeth left furious.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked at me. Deep into my eyes.

"Why are your eyes so damn familiar?" He asked.

"What?" I don't know what he means by that.

"Nothing. Sorry for...whatever this was." He apologized.

I didn't ask any more questions. He didn't look okay even if it seemed like he was trying to hide it. I didn't want to be the next person he yells at.

Who is Marcos? What gang was she talking about? Clearly, none of my business. I'm curious though.

***

A week later, I met up with him at the same spot in the library. He was a bit late. Hopefully, he shows up or else my time would be wasted and I will be mad. In fact, I'm never helping him again if he does that to me.

"Isha!" He finally shows up holding a paper coming towards me.

"This is a library. Don't shout." I reminded him.