CHAPTER 25

"Oh, right. About the power band, why didn't you take it back? I couldn't take it off. I thought you only let me borrow it?" Knightbot stop munching the curry puffs.

"Oh. I forgot about it."

Ryan deadpan. "Don't you want it back?" Knightbot shook his head.

"But I heard the power band is only for your master." Knightbot deadpanned at Ryan's obviousness.

"I didn't tell you I let you borrow it." Ryan tilt his head.

"Haih... You're the who even said that I only give the power band to my master." Knightbot sigh as Ryan start thinking and connecting the dots.

"..."

"Y-You let me be your master?!" Knightbot sigh again. "Took you long enough." Ryan start panicking.

"B-But why-"

"Finish that question and I'll shoot you."

Silent fills in between the two but Knightbot feels uneasy by curious aura around Ryan.

"Haih... This kid..."

"You don't have to know the reason. But there's one thing I can confirm to you. You are strong enough to protect me. So don't say that you're not strong enough to be my master."

Ryan was speechless. Did Knightbot just acknowledge him? A bright aura appears around him. Knightbot, who detect the bright aura turn around and meet with Ryan who ginning at him like an idiot.

"I don't know if I should feel regret about this or not..."

A year passed and Ryan become a captain 12. The reason he become a captain because of his leadership. Well that's what commander and admiral Tarung said.

Ryan feels like his experience as a Lance corporal is too short but he's not going to complain it at commander and admiral Tarung.

"Captain Ryan, you will go on mission with someone today. The person will be here by minutes." Ryan nod. "Can I come too?" The others look at Knightbot.

"No. This is a test for Ryan for his captain test. You have to stay here and observe the test with us." Said commander.

Ryan is playing with his phone until a hand suddenly tap on of his shoulder.

"Ryan? So you're the one who will take the test?" Ryan look behind him and saw someone familiar.

"Captain Kaizo!" Kaizo smile at his energetic energy.

"Yo. Didn't expect to see each other again too soon, right?" Ryan nod.

"Let's go then. The earlier we can go the earlier we can get back." Ryan nod again. The two then go to control room to meet up with commander and admiral Tarung.

"Your mission is to retrieve Ancientbot at Historia planet. Historia planet full with old temple and guardians who guard some places. You two can go now."

✧✧✧

"You've already been to Historia planet before, captain Kaizo?" Kaizo shake his head.

"But I heard there will be riddles everytime we want to pass the temples or streets." Hearing that make Ryan sweatdrop.

"Oof. I'm sure my brain will be completely dry after this mission." Kaizo chuckle. Then after a few minutes, they arrived at Historia planet and what Kaizo said is true. Every time they pass a temple, a new riddle appear.

✧✧✧

"Fuwahh! It's not like we've been walking for too long but I'm already tired... My brain to be exact." Kaizo can't help but agree with Ryan.

"I need to wash my face. Do you happen to saw a lake or something like that, captain Kaizo?" Kaizo then point to a lake that not too far from them. After saying thank you, Ryan walk toward the lake as Kaizo sit down to rest.

Ryan kneel down to take a look at the water.

"Woah... The water is crystal clear. It's pretty... Right, don't they have guardian to guard this lake? I should at least ask for permission first." A soft chuckle then heard by Ryan.

"How gentleman you are. You do have manners. Unlike the one who come here before."

After hearing the voice, Ryan stand up and look around as if he's searching for the owner of the voice.

"I'm in front of you, sweetie." A soft voice said that looks like it's own by a woman.

Ryan look at the person before him. There's a woman with wavy soft blue haired and green crystal eyes. Her clothes are like a royal theme.

"You want to use the water, right? Go on. You have my permission." Ryan smile.

"Thank you, uh...? The woman who notice his confusion giggle.

"Ah, where's my manner? I'm Layla, young man. What's yours?" She now a little bit and lift both side of her dress like a princess.

"I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you, miss Layla." He bow. Layla smile at him and gesture him to use the water.

Ryan then tap the surface of the water with his point finger. While he tried to relax and about to wash his face, he felt a little force push him and make him fall down into the lake.

"Sir Ryan!"