Bonus Chapter 2

Evan's POV

I tap my finger along with the music on the steering wheel as I pull in into the driveway.

Looking out my front window, I still cannot believe we live in such a beautiful house, after three months of bidding wars and losing we had finally found out dream home at the last minute.

After Donovan had his health scare, he decided that it was time for him to step down as CEO of Desire and spend more time with family, which was two two months ago, and since then he's been doing a lot of DIYS around the house.

I spot Donovan instantly once I get out of my car, he was topless and wiping grease from his cheek with a dirty piece of cloth, he had yet to notice me as I also spot his son Jamie and his girlfriend Hanna talking to Donovan.

I had been away for a full week, the longest time we've been apart since we had gotten married, which meant that today was one I knew Donovan was looking forward to.

Thank you, electric cars, for being a quiet and beautiful sneaky creation.

I quietly shut my car door and sneak around the house to where Donovan and the kids were as they talked around the car Donovan was currently working on as a project.

Once I make it to the back door of the garage, I sneak inside and once I'm close enough, I can hear what they're all talking about, and it makes me cover my mouth as I laugh once I realize what the topic was.

"Come on dad, Evan won't mind." Jamie asks Donovan.

"Yeah, Mr. Steele, Evan usually does these things anyways." Hanna pipes up, tapping away at her phone.

Donovan grunts out, his face nonchalant. "No, he'll be home any minute and the last thing he wants to do is do pictures for a bunch of kids."

"What about you then, dad?" Jamie asks, frustrated.

"Yeah! That's a great idea, you're a total daddy, you'll get us lots of people coming, Mr. Steele."

Donovan's face turned cold, and he is not interest in the slightest in the topic of modelling, because in many ways Donovan was an old man, with no patience for anything remotely close to what they were asking him.

Where me on the other hand, I did it for a living.

Daddy...

Just what kind of picture's are they wanting exactly? I had to stop myself from laughing out the moment the word left her mouth.

I move from what I was hiding from and start laughing. "Now what are we talking about here, daddy?" I say, making everyone's head whip towards me in surprised.

"Evan." Donovan breathed out, dropped the dirty piece of cloth onto the car hood and then walked over to me, a jaw dropping handsome smile on his face.

I didn't have a chance to respond as he wrapped his muscled sweaty arms around me, his sticky chest pressing against my face as I get a smell of just how much Donovan smelled of oil and grease.

"Don- oh my god you're sticky!" I groan out, struggling against his hold.

"Did you just get here?" Jamie asked as he came over to us with Hanna, who blushed at me shyly next to Jamie.

"Yeah." I laughed out as Donovan loosened his hold on me. "I thought I'd find you all by the pool during this heatwave, what are you all doing in this dirty garage?"

"We were just about to go inside, if you'd like to join us Evan." Hanna asks shyly, making Jamie roll his eyes at how his girlfriend was blushing from looking at me.