Chapter 11

I make it to the bar my mom said she was at, and it doesn't take me long to find her inside as her eyes instantly meet mine.

"Evan!" She comes running into me, wrapping her arms around me tightly. "My baby boy really came!"

I cringe away once I smell a strong stench of alcohol hit me in the face, coming straight from her mouth.

Pulling away, she looked worse than the last time I saw her, when she was detoxing at the clinic, I last saw her in, but it never sticks, she was back on the wagon, and completely piss drunk.

"Mom, sit down, you can barely stand." I hiss out annoyed, guiding her to a seat.

She shoves herself away from me and stumbles backward until she grips the edge of the bar for support

She slams her hand down on the bar, barely standing.

"NEXT ONES ON US!" She yells out, causing everyone inside to raise their drinks and cheer at her.

What the fuck is she doing? "Mom, that's enough." I sit her down. "I told you already, I don't have money." I hissed out, causing her to wave me off passively.

"What are you saying?" She giggles. "You're so stingy baby, you need to loosen up."

I feel my blood start to boil just as a man wraps his arm around my mom's neck and kisses her on her breast, making me grimace back in disgust.

"Not in front of my boy." She laughs, throwing her head back, causing the greasy man with long hair to look at me.

"Roy this is my son, Evan!" She exclaims with a drunk grin.

"Isn't he a handsome one, he got it all from me!"

I rub my forehead, feeling a migraine coming on as the man 'Roy' holds his dirty hand out to me.

"Call me dad, we're family now kid." He says, pulling me into a hug.

I push him off me as soon as he pulls me in, moving away from the bar, and him.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I ask, my hand twitching as I look at my mom. "What is he talking about?" I demand, seconds from losing my shit.

This is one sick joke she's playing, either way, I don't find this funny, not one bit.

She says nothing, but holds her hand out to me, displaying a diamond ring on her wedding finger, with a diamond the size of a grain of sugar.

"We just got married!" He squealed. "We're celebrating!"

"I'm officially Mrs. Judy Conway as of today!" She states proudly, taking a drink of vodka and lime.

I can't even form a word as it feels like my head is about to explode at what the hell, I'm hearing.

"Be a sport son and pay the bill, we're family now eh!" Roy slaps me on the back, making my mom giggle.

"The fuck did you say?"

My whole body shakes as I take a step back, not wanting to be here anymore as I feel vomit creeping its way u my throat.

I walk away and outside of the bar as I try and take in the fresh air, and not choke the living hell out of Roy for the way he spoke to me, demanding money like he fucking knows me.

If I didn't get out of there, I would have been neck-deep into punching the hell out of that fucker.

What the hell does she think she's doing? I have to wonder, after everything I've done for her, only to carelessly shove her old ways back into my face, demanding money.