Bonus Chapter

ᴅᴏɴᴏᴠᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"You're really... gay?" My oldest friend repeated, this time louder than the last.

"That's just impossible!" He sat back and laughed. "I thought you were just..."

"I've known you since we were ten Donovan, and you've never mentioned being attracted to men before."

"Perhaps not, but people change, I changed and I've asked him to marry me, we plan to tie the knot in four months, it's why I gathered you all here, to invite you to the wedding."

His eyes go wide as he chokes off his glass of whisky, banging his chest with his fist as he coughs out.

"Ma-Marriage!?" He paled. "He's a child Donovan! Have you finally hit your head and lost your mind? He has his whole life ahead of him, while you..."

I sighed heavily and drank the rest of my scotch, neat as my eyes hardened on Stephen, even if he was my oldest and closest friend, I disliked when age became the only factor for disapproving of something.

"He's 23, not a fucking child." I glare at him.

"Oh and let me guess, he's mature for his age? You are 35 Donovan, with a 15-year-old son!" He scoffed out, shaking his head angrily.

"What do you think the board members would say? Your partners? Fuck- the news tabloids will have a damn field day with this, given who you both are!"

Just then, my other two friends entered the garden and walked over to us, a fresh drink in their hands as Stephen's eyes never left mine, complete speechlessness written on his face.

"Well, looks like we missed something." Brodie said, sitting down.

"Looks like Steele stole your girlfriend, just like back in school, cheer up man, it's not the end of the world man." Rodrick joined in, laughing.

Stephen laughed out bitterly, some color returning to his face.

The table fell silent as both of our close friends stared between us, I didn't know why he would be against this, his own girlfriend was 15 years younger than him.

Unlike him, I wasn't ashamed of my love for Evan, and I wasn't going to hide it.

That's not why I called my closest friends here, I wanted to tell my side before Evan and I went public with our relationship and future plans of getting married.

"I'm dating a man and I've asked him to marry me." I came out with it. "He said yes, and you're all invited to the wedding."

I sat back and poured myself another drink, and the room grew tense, and quiet until Rodrick spoke first.

"That is... surprising news." He muttered.

"Is that why we're all here?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Well..." Brodie spoke. "I had no idea you were even interested in men, I've never seen you look at my junk, never mind another man."

Smirking I look at Brodie. "You're not my type."

Stephen scoffs. "No, just 23-year-old actors."

"23!?" Both Brodie and Rodrick said at the same time, shock on their faces.

"Donovan, I'm all for a little slice of a peach now and then, but marriage? Why not just indulge, and then wait for him to age, like a fine wine?" Rodrick jokes, making me scowl.

"Who is this kid? He must be something impressive if he's got you on your back, wiggling your tail like a dog in constant heat." Brodie said, lighting a cigar.