Chapter 7

"I like your style Evan, you have this whole 'bad boy' vibe, and that's really hot right now, I can use this well to get you into the business," Natalie says, smiling as she looks at me, admiring my face.

"You're well-mannered and you're easy to talk to, I can tell you're going to be a pleasure to work with." She compliments me.

"It also helps that you're committed to staying healthy and in shape, you wouldn't believe how some well-known actors don't bother with basic hygiene."

I laugh and nod my head as she looks over her notes of everything, she's written down during our first meeting.

"Is there anything else that you need from me?" I ask, sitting forward.

Natalie smiles and shakes her head. "Nope." She puts her notes into a file. "If I do need anything more from you, I'll contact you." She simply says as she goes to stand up.

"Well, it was nice to finally meet you, I can't wait to work with you and see you flourish here at Desire." She extends her hand out and I shake it with a smile mirroring hers.

"Same, nice to meet you too." I say. "And thanks, for helping me out."

She waves me off. "It's no problem, I wish all my clients were as perfect as you and followed my direction." She giggles.

Natalie hands me a paper with a list full of appointments she's made for me, from hair stylists to my own personal shopper the agency employs to look over their clients.

She's gotten me in for a haircut, a facial, acting lessons, and auditions already lined up, all in the span of an hour of being here with her.

There's no joke when it comes to Natalie Springer, she's on a whole different level of impressive, today I'm going to be beyond busy trying to make all these appointments she's made.

Donovan really got me a great agent, I'll give him that.

She stands up. "You have my details and I have yours, if you have any more questions or concerns, you are free to call me or throw me a text and I'll always get back to you as soon as I can."

She gets up and I open the door for her as we both exit an office at Desires HQ, I follow her down the hall until we stop at the elevator, she pressed the button for the ground floor and smiles at me politely.

"You have a busy day ahead of you, so I'll let you get to it."

She says and I nod my head and shake her hand again as the doors to the elevator open.

"Thanks again Natalie, for everything." I say and she waves me off as I step into the elevator.

Natalie waves goodbye as the doors close and that's when I let out a deep breath, I didn't know I was holding.

I lean against the wall and rub my face tiredly, despite how easy and nice it was talking to Natalie, I was still super fucking nervous.

Donovan worked fast and hired amazing people, I feel like I'm being spoilt and living a life I only dreamt of it all happened so fast that sometimes I need to stop and take a deep breath and remind myself it's all real.

The doors open and I head towards the lobby so I can make the hair appointment downtown and then meet a stylist, I was given a card I hand to the stylist to pay for the clothes, Natalie didn't exactly tell me how much was on it, only that 'price wasn't an issue for Desire talent'

I get to the lobby, and I instantly see who it is walking through the entrance, making me halt and stop and hide behind the near large plant.

Donovan walked with what looked like bodyguards beside him as he made his way to where I was.

"Fuck." I hiss out under my breath as I move from the plant and straighten myself up nervously.

I keep my head down and move, hoping he doesn't recognize me as he's too focused on looking at something on his phone.

"Mr. Beckett." He greets me once I get close, making me halt and look up at him.

His stormy grey eyes focus on me. "Mr. Steele." I greet him back, avoiding how others are giving me a strange look, especially his bodyguards.

He walks right past me, almost like yesterday didn't happen and he didn't just have sex with me, but I allow it because the looks on the people inside the building and their faces start to annoy me as it's obvious, they're curious who the 'new guy' is and why he's talking to the boss.

If only they knew just what I was to Donovan, I wonder what their faces would look like then?

I take one last look behind me and see that Donovan did the same, his intimidating cold eyes meet mine which makes me instantly turn back around and rush towards the door and exit the building.

Fresh air... bright blue skies... but most of all, away from his intimidating hard stare, that felt like he knew everything about me, and what I was thinking and feeling, it felt suffocating, like I had just done something bad and was being questioned.

The guy is handsome, I can't lie, what'd be the point, we've already slept together... if you'd call it that, so when even a guy like him looks at me like he does, of course, I'm going to feel a certain way about it.

I don't care about any of that though, I want a professional relationship for the sake of my career, and once I want our relationship to be over, that's it, after all, I'm not interested in a relationship right now, I want to focus on my career, and pay Donovan back, I'm not going to get carried away by some billionaire with a pretty face, nice body, and voice.

My ass is hurting less but occasionally, every time I walk, I still get some pain, it helped that the bathroom had cream stocked for soreness, I don't know if that was a coincidence or just some sick joke by him, but I used it anyway.

There's no point in thinking too much about everything, who knows what goes on in the mind of a guy like Donovan Steele, trying to figure it out would be a massive waste of the time and opportunity he handed to me.

I catch a cab and give him directions to the hair salon, then sit back and close my eyes and try and stop thinking about him, but about the day ahead of me.

Today is going to be a long fucking day, but it's finally happening... my new life is starting, and I'm excited, so damn overwhelmed but excited, nonetheless.