Chapter 10

"This is you." Donovan announces when the car stops.

I look out the window and see it's my new apartment building, so I grab my bag filled with gym stuff I got for free from the staff at Donovan's gym.

"Thanks for the ride." I rub my neck. "And uh, for the clothes."

Donovan doesn't say anything but types away on his phone, not bothering to look up at me as I open the passenger side and get out.

Before I close the door, Donovan captures me in his eyes as he looks at me and puts his phone down.

"I'll be away next week on business, so feel free to text if you ever miss me."

I scoff out loud at his arrogance, surprising the driver as he jumps in his seat because I slammed the door shut with force, swearing incoherent words under my breath as I walk towards the building.

Fucking bastard, saying that shit to me, who does he think he is? After what he just did to me at the gym!

I turn around and see a glimpse of his hooded face in the dark car as the driver pulls out from the curb and drives off down the road.

I storm into the building, trying to not think about the asshole that just treated me like a freaking princess, and focus on getting to my apartment so I can have a nice hot shower, and wash away everything embarrassing that just happened today.

A full week of not seeing him...

It's been three days since I met him, and since then, it feels like I've known him for years, despite knowing nothing about him.

There were things I picked up though, like how controlling he is, how addicted he is to his phone, and how he loved seeing people squirm under his stare, but there are other things like when he smiles, he has a dimple in his cheek, even though it's rare when he does smile, it's like this whole air around him shifts.

He's not as intimidating when he smiles, and laughs, it's interesting to see I guess.

My phone buzzes in my pocket as I unlock my door and shut it behind me.

Turning my phone on, I see it's a text from the man himself.

ᴅᴏɴᴏᴠᴀɴ: Audition tomorrow, 9:20 AM at HQ

I snort out and text back once I drop my bag near the door.

Me: What happened to Natalie? I thought she was my agent, not you

He texts back a minute later, and I roll my eyes at how smug he is.

ᴅᴏɴᴏᴠᴀɴ: I'm the boss, I do what I want

I laugh and then put my phone back in my pocket.

Yeah, no shit sherlock, it seems like he does whatever he wants, and everyone knows it, it's not like it's not noticeable with the way he carries himself like he owns the world, and we all worship him for it.

I scoff, I'm not some bimbo desperate for his attention, there will be no worshiping him, ever! What we have together is purely physical, and I can end it whenever I want, I wonder how many people would kill for the opportunity to be with Donovan Steele.

Things like that make ME feel powerful, like everyone worships me, and not him.

I strip off my clothes and head straight for the shower, counting down the seconds until that hot water hits my body, only then can I finally relax, and block out everything.

Six days later

I'm so fucking tired, my legs are aching and my arms feel beaten.

"Evan you did a good today, good job." My trainer Rob slaps me on the back. "Same time next weekend?"

I shake my head and pick up my gym bag. "Sorry can't." I sigh. "I'll be on set, filming for the TV show I got a part in." I tell him.

He whistles out impressed. "Congratulations mate." He brings me in for a bro hug. "Look at you getting all famous and shit, almost makes me want to cry." He fake wipes a tear. 

I shove him off me. "It's no big deal." I say, despite how excited I actually was.

"I'll text you when I'm free for a workout, Mike."

Mike nods his head as I head outside of the gym and let the bright rays from the sun hit my sweaty face, as a shit-eating grin falls on my face.

I got the fucking part... I still can't believe any of it, that they loved me and gave the part to me then and there, without a second audition.

What's better is that it's a show that everyone is obsessing over, a high school drama filled with murder and mystery, and what's so good about it is that I got a leading role as the main man in the show.

I instantly liked my role, the 'bad boy' with a dark past that protects the leading high school girl from another obsessed guy, but what makes this more exciting is the fact that the female lead is someone I knew.

Not only me, but everyone knows who she is, she's a high-paid actress in the acting world, making this my opportunity to impress and hopefully, get more roles after the show's first episode is aired.

From what I've heard, Amanda Carsly is America's angel and has a thing for guys like me, so if all goes well, I can use that to my advantage and form connections.

It's all coming together, next week we start filming and I can barely contain how pumped up I am for it to start.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pick it up and answer it as I cross the road, not looking at the caller id.

"This is Evan." I say, jogging across the road, watching out for cars.

"Hi Evan hunnnn, it's your mommy." I stop walking and freeze. "I missed you, my sweet baby boy." She says, sounding completely out of it drunk.

"Mom, have you been day drinking?" I question, hissing out as her voice was clearly slurring.

"Hmmm, a little." She laughs out like I said something funny as I hear people talk in the background.

I grip the bridge of my nose and sigh. "Fucking hell.."

"I need money Evan, be a good boy and help me out, hmm?"

She slurs her words. "Your the only one I have baby."

"Just you and me, baby, help your mom out hmm?"

I feel my blood boil and I clench my eyes closed tightly and steady my breathing at how annoyed I am right now.

"Mom, I don't have money right now, I can't keep-"

"YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS!" She screams down the phone. "J-Just like your bastard father, not giving a shit about me, s-selfish sons of bitches." She snapped out, slurring her words.

I hate when she's like this, and if I knew it was her, I'd have never picked up the call in the first place, knowing that the only times she calls me is for a handout.

I clench my jaw and avoid the looks of people passing me on the street, some with curious stares, and some from a group of young girls checking me out and giggling as they pass me.

"Tell me where you are."