Chapter 17

"Come on man, stand up." I hear a voice gruff out into my ear.

I look around and the room is spinning, I'm seeing double.. no triple of everything, not recognizing anyone standing in front of me.

"What happened to him?" A voice I recognize as Robbie says as he puts an arm under my armpit, holding me up. "Fuck, he's wasted."

"Don't know, found him like this." The voice holding me says. "I think he's been drinking by himself man, I pulled two girls off him near the pool, I think they gave him something. but he doesn't know anything."

"Fuck, okay.. uh." Robbie thinks for a moment. "Evan, we're taking you home okay? Stay awake alright?" He says, as I try and nod my head 'okay'.

I feel great... like a feather, and happy, so very happy then I suddenly start chucking as Robbie helps my body into a cab and then gets in next to me.

My head starts splitting the instant the music from the club fades away from us, making me instantly groan and put my head back.

"I don't feel good." I mumble as Robbie lifts my hand and puts a bottle of water in it.

"Drink, you need to sober up and get that shit from your system."

He helps me drink the water, making me automatically feel better as the cool liquid travels down into my stomach, making my head clearer, and the room slightly stops spinning around me.

"Fuck." Robbie suddenly says. "What's your address again Evan?"

I shrug, not remembering as I fumble about in my pockets and hand him my phone, keys, and wallet, while I cling onto the bottle of water and greedily chugging it back in my seat.

"Evan your phone is ringing, come on man... sit up straight."

I close my eyes and start humming a song, not remembering what Robbie just said so I just hum out and welcome the cool breeze from the rolled-down window in the backseat of the taxi.

I'm so tired... maybe I should just sleep... sleep, I really want to sleep.

"Evan? .....wait I don't know- ...shit Evan? Are you sleeping?"

The morning after

I force open my eyes, instantly blinded by the bright light coming from outside my window, making me pull the blanket over my head and groan.

What the fuck did I drink last night?

My throat feels like I was throwing back acid all night, it's burning and super dry, not to mention I don't remember a single thing about last night, nor how the hell I got back to my apartment.

I slowly throw the covers off me and see that I'm fully clothed, in the same outfit I wore last night, and I'm alone in my bed, making me sigh out in relief as I force myself to sit up in the bed.

The room starts spinning and my head starts pounding as soon as I stand up, making me put my hand on the wall for support.

"You're finally awake." A voice says, making me turn and look and see Robbie, drying his wet hair with a towel.

"Never do that to me again, Evan." His voice turns serious as he comes closer. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I don't remember anything." I confess. "My head is fucking splitting into pieces."

"What happened?" I ask, raising my head to look at him.

Robbie helps me to the bathroom and then hands me a glass filled with water, which I drink in seconds, and then gives it back to him as I sloppily remove my belt from my pants.

Robbie shuts the bathroom door and stands outside.

"Don't know, Mark found you pretty much passed out drunk by the pool with two girls." He said.

"I'm pretty sure you took something last night, are you sure you don't remember anything?"

I grab my dick and start releasing myself into the toilet as I lean my head back and try and remember something, but nothing comes to mind, not a single goddamn thing.

"Fuck." I open my eyes and shake. "I don't even remember showing up to the club." I admit.

"Should I call a cab to take you to the hospital?" Robbie worriedly asks.

I freeze in my step and look up at him, and shake my head.

"No one can find out about this, especially not any reporters, it could ruin my reputation." I tell him. "Who else saw me leave the club?" I ask, groaning loudly.

Robbie looks nervous as he stares at me. "Not really... only me and Mark saw you like that, but you also got this phone call you got last night in the cab."

I scrunch my brows in confusion. "What?"

"You answered it and then handed me the phone, it was your boss, I know I fucked up but shit- you scared me, Evan, I told him that you couldn't talk and then I hung up, that's all I swear." He told me making me instantly pale.

I feel my whole body freeze, like a cold bucket of water was dumped all over me as I feel myself grow pale.

Donovan called me last night.

"Oh fuck." I crouch down and grip my head. "This is really bad."

Oh my god, I feel like I'm seriously going to throw up, I haven't spoken to him in over two weeks, and when he does call me, I'm drunk as hell possibly drugged in the backseat of a taxi, he's probably thinking the worst of me right now.

"It's gonna be alright Evan, just explain it to him, he seemed really worried about you on the phone... he said he'd call you today, if you explain it to him, I'm sure he'll give you a break."

FUCK!

I stumble to my feet and grip the wall and then head into my bedroom and look for my phone, when I throw the blanket to the floor and look under the pillow, I find my phone and then turn it on.

My face drains of color when I see how many missed calls I have, not only from friends but also from Donovan Steele.

(2 missed calls, Donovan)

(1 unread text message, Donovan)

I can only imagine what that text message says, after all... I broke a rule that Donovan and the agency made, that I wasn't to make headlines or even go near anything that could ruin my chances, Desire doesn't mess around, and alcohol is even in my contract as something they won't tolerate me drinking.

"I'm fine now Robbie, you can just go, I'll be okay on my own after something to eat." I tell him, trying to calm my nerves once I see his face frown. "Seriously, I just need a shower and food, if I feel worse I'll get checked out, I promise."

"Okay.." He says slowly. "You sure you don't want me to stay? It's really no big deal man." He asks once more.

"Nah, seriously, I'm good." I wave him off. "Thanks for staying, and bringing my drunk ass home, I hope I didn't ruin your birthday."

He laughs. "You didn't, and anything for you man, call me later alight?" He asks and I nod my head. "Last night was wild, but maybe no more drinking for you, not for a while you lightweight." He lightly jokes as he slips on his shoes.

I watch Robbie leave down the hall and then open the front door and close it behind him, making me sigh out loud as I fall back to lie on my bed.

Opening my phone, I click on his text while holding my breath, and read it.

Donovan: Contact me when you're sober, we need to talk, Mr. Beckett

Mr. Beckett... He never calls me by my last name.

Silence... and empty thoughts fill my head as I reread his message over and over, and then after a few minutes, it sinks in and I start to think the worst, wondering if he's going to fire me or worse, tear the contract to shreds.

I've really fucked up now... shit, how do I explain this to him? At the end of the day, he's still my boss, and I've breached my actor contract.