Chapter 45

Donovan closed the penthouse door behind him.

He actually came for me, and the full ride here he didn't say a single word to me, not even on the ride up the elevator to his place, he hasn't even looked at me, his face stayed stoic the entire time.

I'm dreading this, why the hell did I even come? he's still not talking to me, I should've never answered the phone, and just stayed at Robbie's for the night, to let whatever this is blow over.

Looking around, the pizza boxes are gone and everything is spotless clean once again, making me wonder if Donovan did it, or if he had someone come clean, so early in the morning.

It's almost three in the morning, doesn't he have work in the morning?

Donovan walks past me, dressed in a full suit, that fit his sculptured body like it was made just for him, I thought he looked like he had just walked off a runway, and even though he didn't look at me, I couldn't help but admire how handsome he was,

"Sit down." Donovan says, removing his trench coat. "And don't argue with me, I'm not in the mood."

Swallowing deeply, I do as he says, in no mood to argue with him either, not when I'm so fucking exhausted from driving around all night.

Sitting down, Donovan finally looks at me, sitting opposite me. "This Amanda girl won't say anything, I made sure of it, you won't see her again."

I look at him confused. "What do you mean? We work together, season two is going to be announced-"

"She's being replaced." He said, interrupting me. "I had my lawyer meet hers an hour ago, she was there and signed an NDA contract concerning our relationship, she won't bother you anymore, I made sure she understood the situation."

I'm wrapping my head around what the hell he just said... a contract to not speak, can he even do that? "How... that's, she just signed it? Just like that?" I ask, not fully believing she just simply signed it.

"She had no choice." He stated, his eyes burning into mine.

"I'm not someone the likes of her can easily threaten without consequences."

What the fuck did Amanda exactly say to him on the phone?

To make Donovan go this far... he's either insanely crazy or just someone nobody should fuck with.

"Why did you run, when I told you I would fix this?"

I raise my head slowly to look at Donovan, who no longer looks like a man on a war path, but a man who's hurting as much as I'm feeling on the inside.

"Do you love me?" He asks, his voice thick with hurt.

"Yes." I say without a single pause. "But you wouldn't even let me explain Donovan."

Rubbing my face with both of my hands, I groan. "I'm fucking scared alright? I'm scared of being seen as the guy who only fucks for roles, money, and gifts... fuck, do you know what that would do to my career? Nobody would hire me if Amanda told someone about me and you."

Looking at Donovan, I sigh. "You're you, and I'm me, you literally paid off my debt to get me where I am today, the press would find out eventually and it'll ruin me, Donovan, it looks bad because I was nobody seven months ago, now I'm being nominated for awards, how would it look if they knew about us?"

"Evan-"

"Amanda said it first." I interrupted him. "She said I was a 'Fame hungry, dick-loving slut'." I laugh bitterly.

"That's how people will view me in the papers, that's why I'm fucking scared this is all going to blow up in my face, it's not because I don't love you, I do, but I never thought I'd be in this situation so soon, our relationship was purely sexual five months ago, now it's... it's real, and I'm out of my depth here."

I'm breathing heavily, and on the edge of my seat with anxiety over everything that has happened, saying it all as clearly as I could so he would understand where I'm coming from, not wanting to argue with him anymore.

Donovan gets up from his seat and comes over to me, he sits on the seat next to me and grabs my hand, and brings it to his cheek, making me look up at him, to see his stormy gray eyes looking at me.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, and I nod my head without hesitation, making him smile.

"Then go public with me, on our terms, nobody will question our relationship if it comes from my mouth, all you need to do is trust me and let me do everything."

His words hit hard, and I know he's right, if I waited... it could get only worse, the story would spin so hard that nobody would believe the truth.

"How... where do we even start?" I ask. "We're not exactly normal people Donovan, we can't just post a selfie, and then that's it."

He laughs and then kisses my hand, a smirk on his lips.

"Why not? I'm not handsome enough for you?"

I stare at him with furrowed brows. "You can't be fucking serious right now, do you even have social media?" I ask and he shakes his head, his eyes filled with amusement.

I'm completely out of words to say, just when I thought Donovan couldn't say something so out of this world, he does.

"You can tell your family and friends before we do anything." He says, leaning forward to kiss me on the neck. 

"I can do the same."

"Do you even have friends?" I snort out, jokingly as he bites down on my shoulder.

Moving back, I see Donovan pout, making me laugh. "Just because I'm a busy man, it doesn't mean I don't have friends, I'm actually quite popular, you just haven't met any of them yet." He states proudly, making me laugh harder.

Once my laughter dies down, Donovan surprises me by kissing me on the lips, his eyes closed and arms wrapping tightly around me as he moves his lips slowly against mine.

"I need to go to work." He says, pulling back. "And you need to sleep."

"Have you even slept yet?" I ask

He smirks at me handsomely then stands up, walking over to the chair he left his coat on, once he puts his coat on, he turns and looks over at me, fresh-faced and brimming with power and elegance.

The next thing he says makes my stomach clench, his handsome face intimidatingly looking down at me, getting me all hot and bothered for simply being him.

"The devil doesn't need sleep, Evan, but his boyfriend does."