Chapter 50

Coming back to the penthouse from pre-birthday drinks, a loud roar of 'SUPRISE' fills the air once I open the door.

My mom, with all of my close friends and my co-stars, and a few people I recognize as Donovan's friends smile widely at me, as each and every one of them releases a balloon in their hands, that has the big letter '23' on each and every one of them.

"Wha-" I look at Robbie to see him grinning from ear to ear.

"You knew about this?"

He nods his head and puts his arm over my shoulders and walks me into the room as everyone comes up to me and wishes me a happy birthday, leaving me completely speechless with a huge grin on my face.

"Happy birthday my baby boy." My mom wraps her arms around me and whispers into my hair. "I love you so much!"

"I love you too! This is amazing!" I laugh and hug her back.

"You did all this by yourself?" I ask as he pulls away, nodding her head.

"With help." She proudly says, as her eyes keep moving from mine to upstairs, where Donovan and my bedroom were.

Donovan wasn't supposed to come until next week, I know because he told me that he couldn't miss getting out of it, being the boss I know how busy he is, and how much he works.

I knew he'd miss my birthday, and I suspected that my mom was throwing me a birthday surprise and that he would know about it, given how great the penthouse looks, I know Donovan hired someone to help my mom.

"Is he here?" I ask my mom, trying to contain my excitement.

"Did he come back early?"

Her eyes meet mine worriedly, she nods her head slowly. "I called him but... it was supposed to be a surprise." She said, worry in her voice. "I didn't want to disturb him... he's been up there for a while now that I think about it..."

I look at my mom weirdly before laughing. "I thought he had work?" I say, walking past her. "I'll go bring him down, he probably just fell asleep on the bed."

I job past my friends, thanking them for coming as I start jogging up the stairs, not believing that he actually came home early for my birthday, the smile on my face wider knowing that he's a few feet away from me.

I fucking missed him so much, my birthday wouldn't be the same without him here.

"Donovan?" I call out, opening the bedroom door, excited to see his face after being apart for a week.

Donovan wasn't inside the bedroom, but I could hear the shower still running from the bathroom, so I knocked on the door.

"Donovan, you in there?" I call out, knocking again. "It's Evan." I say behind the door, my hand on the handle, ready to open.

Donovan didn't reply, and I don't know why, but a sinking feeling of fear filled me because not once had Donovan not replied back to me when he was in the shower, no matter how quiet I was, he always answered back.

I opened the door and instantly, my eyes find Donovan, in the shower but not standing, he was sitting on the floor gripping his chest tightly with an expression that instantly had me panicked.

What the....!

".....Donovan!?" I run over to him, my knees hitting the floor hard as I kneel next to him.

What the fuck happened?

Donovan's eyes were open, but he was shaking violently and he was gripping his chest tightly, a horrible fear set in me that I froze from seeing him, my hands shaking as I touch his face, trying to get him to look at me.