Chapter 26

When Donovan's manhood was fully inside of me, I felt like I entered another universe.

"Is this okay?" Donovan asked roughly, making my heart skip a beat.

"Do you want me to stop?"

Donovan.. he never used to ask, but I'm liking the new him, this side of him feels like the real him like he's not holding back anymore and showing me the real him.

I nod my head and grip his shoulder as my legs wrap around his waist, giving me a clear view of his large member inside of me, and the bulge in my stomach from just how big he is.

Donovan looked so vulnerable on top of me like he was second-guessing his actions, and I don't know why, but it made me feel like he was starting to regret coming here, something about his face and the way he looked at me.

Fuck, did he regret it?

I reach out and touch his face, making him close his eyes, almost like he was in pain from my touch.

"Tell me what you're thinking."

When his eyes opened, I freeze, unaware that Donovan had pulled out of me and was getting off of me.

"What's wrong?" I get up and touch his arm, but he moves and sits on the edge of the bed, gripping his hair with a troubled face.

I've never seen him like this, he's always been the confident dominant one, heck- he is that guy, the thought of Donovan smiling more than once a day is usually too much for him, but this... something is wrong.

I get out of bed and move in between his legs, kneeling in front of him to see his face, and when I do, my heart clenches at what I see.

Donovan was crying.

"Hey... Woah, what happened?" I grab hold of his hand and kiss it, as my insides twist from seeing him like this.

"You're starting to worry me, please say something," I beg, as he looks straight at me, tears slowly falling down his cheek.

"I fucked up Evan." His voice was low and held so much sadness. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm so fucking sorry." His voice breaks as he lowers his head, gripping his hair tightly.

I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into my chest as his stronger ones wrap around me instantly, holding me tightly as his wet tears rub against my chest.

Kissing and stroking his hair, I start whispering soft, calming words in his ear, like 'it's okay' and 'I'm here'.

If anything, he held onto me tighter, and his tears flowed harder, but he never made a single sound.

"Donovan, I'm here for you." I beg, moving back to see his face. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?"

When he looks up at me, he looked like a broken man who had nothing left, I should know that face, I'd felt exactly like this more than once, but what I didn't understand was... why did he feel this way?

"I don't want you to hate me." He said quietly, his sad eyes filled with tears, never leaving mine.

"You will leave me again, I know you will." His voice broke, as he held me tighter. "If you leave me, I don't know how I will survive without you a second time."

He was starting to scare me now, what the hell is going on? 

What was he so afraid of that he was acting like this?

"So tell me, I promise I won't hate you." I say, trying to speak calmly. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

He seems to believe me as his hold on my waist loosens up and the tears stop falling from his eyes, and I can see... that the walls are coming up again, and he's going to shut me away.

"Donovan, I'm not going anywhere, look at me, I'm still here, so just tell me what is going on." I desperately plead. "Please just tell me, you're scaring me."

He flinches but says nothing, angering me as I move away from him and reach for my t-shirt on the chair.

"You know what?" I laugh bitterly. "Don't tell me, just when I thought we were finally getting somewhere, you do this again, you pull away from me and then I feel like the asshole for trying."

I slip on my jeans and scoff, feeling stupid for thinking-

"Your father." He slowly says, making me freeze and look at him.

"I knew him."

"What do you mean you knew him?" I question, moving a step closer to him.

There was a moment of silence before he got up and reached for his phone, his hands were shaking as he pressed the screen a few times and then he held out his phone to me.

Confused, I take it and see he opened a picture, of a girl who looked similar to Donovan, she had long dark brown hair and beautiful big grey eyes, she was standing next to Donovan wearing a pink dress, they were both smiling at the camera.

It looked like an old photo, Donovan was definitely a teenager in this photo.

"Who is she?" I ask, staring at her in the photo.

Getting up, Donovan starts to put on his jeans. "She's my sister... in a way."

His sister? I didn't know he had a sister, but now that I see it, she looked a lot like him, younger in the photo, but they held a huge resemblance to one another.

"What does she have to do with you knowing my dad?" I hand his phone back to him.

Turning his phone off, he sits back on the bed and takes a deep breath, his hands shake slightly before he clenches them tight, making them stop.

"She was a drug addict." He held his head in his hands.

"Alcohol and... meth."

"Her name was Alex and I've hated her for as long as I could remember."

Why did he hate her? And what the hell was going on right now?

"Why?" I ask, walking over to the bed slowly and sitting beside him.

His jaw tensed and his eyes looked down at the floor, almost like he was thinking of how to say it.

"Donovan?" I touch his leg with my hand, making him snap out of it.

"She was sick, I'd find her... hurting herself whenever I would leave, or see or girl, she had always followed me around, it didn't bother me until I found her one day trying to attack my girlfriend at the time with a kitchen knife."

My heart breaks for him as he talks about his sister, I can see the hurt and pain in his eyes whenever he thought about her, making me feel bad that he had to see his sister like that when he was just a kid.

"My family and I drove her to rehab outside NY, only for her to escape a month later, high on drugs and out of her mind drunk on the bottle of vodka she fully drank, she killed herself almost a year later from having a drug overdose."

"She died on my birthday." He told me. "That's why I don't like celebrating it."

I didn't get a chance to open my mouth as I think about what he just said, Donovan turns and looks at me, and that's when I saw the coldness in his stare, just like the first time I met him.

"Alex killed someone the night she escaped rehab, Evan." His voice became hard as my heart stopped beating. "And I helped my parents cover it up."

"W-What?" My heart starts beating out of my chest as Donovan grabs hold of my hand, with a desperate look in his eyes, filled with shame, and regret.

"Donovan.... what are you trying to say?" I laugh nervously. "I don't-Donovan, w-what are you saying right now?"

The room falls silent as Donovan drops to his knees in front of me, looking up at me as I simply stare down at him, not knowing what I feel or what is happening.

"The person she killed was your dad... Richard Beckett."