Chapter 37

ᴅᴏɴᴏᴠᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Evan steps outside the building, and just like that, when he smiles I smile back because there's nothing more I want right now than to bend him over and fuck him.

"Hey, boss man." He cheekily says, checking out the car I'm leaning against, then looking behind me curiously.

"No entourage?" He wonders, coming close. "Or a driver?"

"This is a personal matter." I say, even though I have bodyguards close, watching over me.

Seeing Evan during the day like this, looking happy and energetic, I never thought I'd enjoy it, just seeing him or being around him, this is a first for me, even with past relationships, it never once felt like this.

Evan looked good, and I know he just did a photo shoot, but even so, I always did think he looked good, his usually messy hair was styled and he was wearing casual chinos with a shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

I lean off my car and want nothing more than to kiss him, but I know he's not ready for people to know about us yet, so I control myself.

"Get in, I want to take you somewhere," I say, gripping the keys in my hand.

He does what I ask and gets in the passenger side as I get in the driver seat and start the car, putting my seatbelt on, and watching to make sure he does the same.

"What's brought this on?" He asks, frowning at me. "You're not kidnapping me, are you? I have another shoot in two hours."

I lean forward and turn his head with my hand on his cheek, then I kiss him deeply on the lips, enjoying the look on his face as I pull away from him, slightly redder in the face and eyes wild, the look that gets me every time.

I can't get hard here, not when I had a plan.

"W-What are you doing?" He stutters out. "What if someone saw us?"

I grin and shake my head, then start the car. "Unless people suddenly have the ability to look through tinted windows, I doubt anybody saw us, Evan."

"Still." He says, embarrassingly, rubbing his legs with his hands. "Maybe they could've..." He mutters, his ears turning red.

He's so cute.

"To answer your question, I want you to meet someone." I start, feeling anxious. "It's important to me if you two met now, rather than later."

Evan, on cue, turns and looks at me like I grew two heads.

"It's not your girlfriend is it?" He asks, making me laugh. "Or your mom again?"

"Unless my girlfriend is called Evan Beckett, no." I joke, shaking my head.

Evan takes out a bottle of water from his bag, and I take moment to just come out with it, there's no easy way to say this so, I'm just going to get it over with, and watch his reaction.

"We're meeting my ex-wife and my 15-year-old son for breakfast."

The car falls silent until I see from the corner of my eye that Evan looked like a chipmunk with water in his mouth, then he starts coughing once he swallows his water, looking at me with tears in his eyes as he coughs out.

"The fuck, Donovan?" He coughs out. "You can't say shit like that when I'm drinking." He scolds me, his hand on his chest, clearing his throat.

Well, his reaction could've been worse.

"Wait- you're serious? You have kids?" He exclaimed. "And a freaking ex-wife?" I nod my head and he just stares at me.

"That's impossible." He snaps out, in disbelief. "It said online you never married, so this is either a really sick joke or you're dropping this bomb on me for a reason."

I look at him as we hit a red light and sigh.

"I'm a resourceful guy Evan, if I don't want something online, I make it possible." I tell him simply, but he just looks at me, hurt in his eyes.

"Emily and I are still friends, we only married for the sake of Jamie, my son." I say, driving again when the light turns green. "We were both young and didn't know better, I did the only thing I could do at the time, given who are parents were, we had no choice but to stick it out."

"She's happily married  now, there's nothing between us anymore, just Jamie."

Evan remained quiet and simply stared forward, his face stoic as he listened, making this less painful than I thought it would be, considering how he reacted during our first fight.

"I'm... 7 years older than him." He mumbles out, making me frown, knowing where he's going with this.

"They know?" He asks before his worried eyes look at me. "About me and you?"

"I told her this morning." I state, seeing Evan turn white as a sheet.

"Fucking hell Donovan!" Evan rubs his face with both hands.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He asks, looking at me through his fingers.

Seeing Evan's reaction now, this was what I was afraid of, him pulling away from anything that seems uncomfortable for him, but I knew that if I had told him earlier, before phoning my ex-wife Emily, he'd run.

I'm selfish, but I don't say that, because by now, Evan knows I am.

"I'm telling you now because I want to do this right." I say, noticing we're close to the meeting point.

"You're a dad, I'm fucking a guy with a 15-year-old son." He groans out. "I turned into Wendy Cook."

I look at him confused. "She was this girl I knew at my school, she was sleeping with a teacher with a 15-year-old son."

Sighing, I find a spot to park and then turn off the car, once I've parked the car and see my bodyguards park on the opposite side of the road, I then turn to Evan, who is physically panicking in his seat.

"Do you want to leave?" I ask him seriously, as his eyes go wide at mine, fear in them.

"I can cancel and rearrange this for another day, they'd understand Evan."

I watch him swallow deeply, his hands rubbing his legs again, something he does when he's nervous.

He's really this uncomfortable? Now I have to wonder if this was a mistake and if I should have just kept it to myself, but I know I'm right, and if this was going to work, Evan had to meet them.

He's young and cares about what others think of him, while I couldn't care less because I have the power and the means to make people look away, but Evan is different, and I knew that going into this relationship.

Evan knows he has to change, to be with me he has to brace this, just enough to be with me, or else my world would eat him alive and swallow him whole.

"Ok." Evan eventually says, unbuckling his seatbelt, his face anything but happy anymore

"I'll meet them."

Before he could open the door, I grab his shirt roughly and bring him close to me, where I press my lips hard against his, moving them against his dominantly as he squirms against me, but I keep him close, letting him taste me as I open my mouth.

I didn't care if Evan was scared because there was no way I was going to let anything harm him, Evan was going to learn that the hard way, if this was his hell, I was the devil.

Evan wasn't just 'some boy' I was sleeping with, he was important to me.

"Thank you." I say, pulling away.

Evan was out of breath and trying to catch his breath, his lips were plump and swollen, and he looked perfect, enough to make me want to skip this whole thing completely and just take him here and now.

His shy eyes meet mine, and I know he's ready. "Let's go."

No point wasting a perfectly good time, with a shy boy by my side, meeting my ex-wife and son, it's going to be a new feeling for me, and most possibly Evan's worst nightmare, but he's in my grasp...

There's no escape now, he's in the belly of the beast, right beside me, and I don't run.