꒰ ͜͡➸ fallen tales

Start from the beginning

the angel hesitated for a moment, seeing the small amount of doubt in his golden eyes, but agreed anyway.

swiss smiled, standing up and holding out his hand for the fallen. she placed her hand in his, letting him haul her to her feet and keep her balanced.

you watched as swiss peaked around corners before squeezing your hand and guiding you along.

"okay, this is the hard part." swiss said as you both arrived at a big wooden door, swiss pulling an old key from his pocket. swiss unlocked the door and let you walk in first, though you paused as you saw stairs leading into a dark abyss.

"it's okay. i'll be here to help you down. but we have to be dead silent when we leave the stairs, alright?" swiss whispered, closing the door. you looked over at his glowing yellow eyes and nodded, letting him take your hand once more and guide you down the stairs.

swiss looked at you as the light of the common room lit up your face. you looked back at the multi-ghoul, your hands starting to shake slightly. swiss squeezed your hand gently, nodding at you to reassure you. you looked back out to the common room, peaking around the corner.

swiss looked out as well, searching for any ghouls.

the common room was empty.

... that wasn't normal. at all.

swiss raised an eyebrow but stepped out anyway, pulling you along.

the multi-ghoul was on high alert, slowly guiding you through the catacombs as he tried to cover your scent with his.

"okay-" swiss started as we turned into a hallway, but was cut off by another voice.

"swiss?" they called.

swiss flinched slightly, slowly turning around and making sure you were behind him.

"rain.. hi.." swiss smiled nervously as the ghoul shuffled over. "who's that?" rain asked, trying to look over the multi-ghoul's shoulder. though, swiss just copied his head movements, making it hard for the new ghoul to see you. rain raised an eyebrow, looking at swiss with a confused stare.

you stared at rain from over swiss' shoulder, trying not to make it look like you were cowering.

"uh- this is, um.. she's a fallen." swiss mumbled. rain's eyes widened. "what the hell are you doing with a fallen, swiss??" rain asked in disbelief.

"she fell from the sky! she was hurt, and she's still scared. i wasn't just going to leave her out there." swiss whispered, obviously stressed as he reached his hand back and placed it on your waist to make sure you were still there.

"swiss, you know what happens to fallens. are you sure this is a good idea?" rain asked. "if we help her, it won't! you know i've been reading about them for years. i know what i'm doing." swiss hissed back, pulling you so you were next to him.

"please help, rain." swiss sighed. rain glanced at you, seeing the fear in your eyes.

"okay.." the water ghoul sighed, nodding.

you sighed softly as you waited for either swiss or rain to come get you and sneak you up to the kitchens to stock up for the next day.

bouncing your leg, you looked out the window, longing to fly again.

rain had made a makeshift sling for both of your wings, keeping them in a relaxed position for them to heal. though, that meant you had no way to defend yourself with bound wings.

you felt your wings bristle at the thought of being completely vulnerable, a soft knock at the door startling you out of your thoughts.

you looked over, seeing swiss peaking in with a smile.