It seems that the universe was not on my side today, because the court was filled with sweaty, noisy teenagers, all trying to show off to the girl on the bench. I admit, she was really pretty.

Not wanting to attract attention I sat on the corner bench, away from everyone. I put on my earphones and played Ricky Montgomery's 'Mr. Loverman'.

I stayed there, humming with my eyes closed, alone in my world of music. However I was interrupted by a figure over me. Pausing the music, I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes?"

"Were you playing 'Mr. Loverman', by any chance?"

I checked to see that my earphones were properly connected. "How did you know?

She took a seat beside me. "The tune you were humming seemed familiar."

I turned red in embarrassment. Oh gosh, she heard me singing. "I am so sorry if I bothered you-"

"No, no," she brushed it off, "you've got a beautiful voice." If possible, I blushed even further. "May I listen?" she asked, gesturing to my phone. "Yeah, sure." I said, offering her the left side. My earphones were pretty short, so we were forced together, arms touching.

"My name is Tzuyu, by the way."

"Y/N."

We spent comfortable silence together for a bit until one of the boys strutted towards us, flexing his bare, skinny arms desperately as if there was something to be proud of. "Tzu, why are you sitting next to this weirdo? Hang out with us instead." he said, pointing at his friends who waved.

"First of all," Tzuyu got to her feet, irritated because this guy cut off a really good song, "shut the fuck up, Ryan. I'm only here because m friends are busy and I've got nothing to do. Secondly, since when did I allow you to call me 'Tzu'? Lastly," she got all up to her face, and it sort of made me snicker because she was taller than him, "she is not a weirdo. It's more fun yo hang out with her than you. Now fuck off."

She sat back closer next to me, and I was quite shocked because no one has ever stood up for me before. "Did you mean that?" I whispered, eyes wide. She sent me a small smile, "Of course."

Ryan grumbled and headed back to his equally disappointed buddies. I, meanwhile, was in high spirits until I noticed it was starting to get dark. I stood up abruptly , accidentally wrenching the earphone out of Tzuyu's ear. "Sorry! I have to get home, my grandfather's probably waiting."

"Grandfather?" she asked, rubbing her ear.

"Yeah, I live with him."

"I'll walk you home."

No, it's okay, I know the way-"

"I insist," she leaned down closer to my face and added, "those guys are probably gonna follow you, they won't bother you with me around." I glanced at Ryan and his troops, who were throwing me dirty looks. Gulping, I nodded my head as a sign of agreement.

She grinned at me and grabbed my arm. "Lead the way!"

During the walk, I managed to learn a lot about her. She was Chou Tzuyu, Taiwanese, 20 years old. She had eight other friends and liked to sing. She moved here to Korea to study, and now worked at a café. In turn, I told her about myself. Kim Y/N, also 20, worked at a flower shop and lived with my grandfather because my mother was gone and my father left.

At this point we reached my house. "Thanks, Tzu. Can I call you Tzu?"

"You can even call me yours," she winked. I hit her playfully and she chuckled, putting her hands in her pockets. "Well, goodnight."