Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Not likely she is even going be here, but I can text her."

"What does that mean?"

"Holly is in the dramatic hot relationship with Brayden. She is gone more than here. In three weeks, she is going to be moving in with him, she actually just stuck the semester out for me and next semester I'm going to be living with God knows who and pregnant as fuck to add the cherry to the top."

"They give you no warning nothing. They just move any old person in."

"Pretty much. Anyways if were heading back to the plains maybe we should get going."

"Thinking the same thing, come on baaaa."

We headed out, it's such a long trip either way and I know its uncomfortable for her being pregnant. I was hoping maybe now that she was pregnant maybe she goes stay with her dad, so I know she is ok and taken care of, but her dad doesn't even know about the baby yet.  She was really quiet the entire drive. I looked over at her and she looked back at me and smiled. My heart fluttered. I took a deep breath and reached over grabbing her hand in mine. I was expecting her to pull away but instead I felt a small squeeze and seen her smile. 

"Joey..."

"Yeah babe...."

"Shit sorry about that, I mean yes Ryder."

"I was thinking I know you wanted to do dinner, but can we just go back to your house."

"Ryder we can do whatever you want, but why?"

"You know what I really want to do."

"What?"

"Just go and watch at movie and relax, I don't ever really get to relax back at the dorm."

" Well movies at my house it is. Why can't you relax at the dorm?"

"Joey it's just that a dorm, there's always noise and parties. I can never sleep or relax and it's just making this pregnancy all the more stressful. I'm the only pregnant girl there."

"That sucks, you know anytime you want you can come down here."

"Thats sweet of you, but you're always going a million miles a minute I can't play track down the McIntyre to come down." 

I made a quick right off the interstate and pulled up to my house a minute later. 

"Come on let's get you relaxed shall we...."

She just giggled and climbed out the car. I unlocked the door, and the minute Rocky heard her voice he came barreling in and was immediately by her side. In this short time Rocky had become so attached to her and I could tell she felt the same. 

"Ok I'm going to run your bag upstairs; you want it in the spare room?"

Part of me prayed she say no put in my room but no such luck. Right now, is a baby step with her to where I want to be. I ran up tossing the bag and the bed and stopping into my room to change into some sweats and a tee-shirt. I came down she was on the couch playing with Rocky.

"Having fun?"

"Yeah, he's, my buddy."

"So, Miss Ryder Nicole what do you feel like doing?"

"I don't care, I'm just happy for the quiet right now."

"Well how about you go upstairs and go relax in the jet tub in my bathroom and when your done you can get some of my clothes and we can watch a movie or something."

"Joey, I can't take over your house like that. "

"You're not do your thing; I will be in the office returning some emails when you're done."