Epilogue

Sixteen Years later..

Dj (Daniel Jr)

"Hey Dj, I like your outfit" Some freak hoe speaks, waving as I walk through the hallway to my locker.

I'm wearing a black Amiri shirt with Amiri jeans and my custom made Amiri shoes. I have a Diamond Cartier on my wrist and a diamond chain around my neck.

I motion my head upwards, signaling a what's up while running my hands across my waves.

Getting to my locker, I unlock it, pulling out what I need for first period.

This Sophomore shit lame.

"What's up" Bj speaks walking up to his locker beside mine.

He's wearing a Badge shirt with black pants and black socks with Gucci Slides, his curly hair is in an afro like state with a fresh edge. I notice his diamond earrings glistening..

"What's up" I reply, dapping him up.

"We still going to your house after school? We got to finish this science project or that's my ass. My pops already been tripping on me about my grades, talking about he taking my black card until I get up to a C, I keep telling him I learn better in Spanish" Bj says causing me to laugh.

That's always his excuse for his low grades but on the real I think he a little slow. I'm straight A student.

"Yeah alright.." I speak with a chuckle.

"But yeah we can go straight to my place after school" I tell him nodding

"Nigga I know you ain't got on Walmart clothes" I hear a familiar voice speak and everyone starts to laugh.

Bj and I look at the same time and I notice that it's Raheem bullying ass.

I fought him six times eighth grade year.

"Nigga whole outfit cost $12, cheap ass clothes" Raheem continues, bullying some little Indian boy I've never seen before.

"Your family poor or something?" Raheem asks while tugging at the boys shirt.

"Nigga you don't look too far from poor yourself" I tell Raheem causing everyone to look at me.

"Nigga shut your lightskin ass up, green eyes, looking like a lizard" Raheem says and no one laughs because it's me.

I'm him.

"Nigga be for real, you wearing Polo but that's really U.S. Assn because that damn sure ain't no Ralph Lauren, why the man on the horse got two heads" Bj jumps in causing me and everyone else to laugh.

The bell rings and the Indian boy fearfully eases away..

"Now the Mexican wants to jump in, both y'all niggas pussy" Raheem says, calling Bj a Mexican

"Never been pussy" I tell Raheem but he already knows that.

"That part, Remember how you did this nigga eighth grade year" Bj says while taping my chest with the back of his hand. "Boy I thought you was about to kill his ass" Bj tells me while laughing

I laugh.

"Nigga that was eighth grade, you wouldn't do that shit now" Raheem tells me.

I have the urge to punch him right in the jaw.

"Get to class Mr. Wright, Mr. Taylor and Mr. Daye" The Princple Mr. Paleski Says, calling us all by our last names.

I mean mug Raheem before slowly walking towards my first class.

"Late again Summer" Mr.Paleski says causing me to turn around.

"Okay?" Summer asks staring at him with a confused mug on her face.

"Get to class" Mr. Paleski tells her.

She rolls her eyes before walking in my direction. We have the same first period.

She's wearing a purple shirt with ripped jeans and purple Dior sandals. Her long brown hair is in a messy bun. She has her iPhone 14 in one hand and a large Starbucks cup in the other.

"Hey Dj, Hey Bj" Summer speaks.

"Hey SumSum" Bj speaks calling her by the nickname he gave her.

"What's up cuh" I speak to Summer.

Cuh is short for cousin. I call her cousin since my mom and aunt Lola are damn near sisters.

China

"Bye Brent" I speak waving him off as he kisses my neck.

"Don't bye me, I'll see you tomorrow. I Love you" Brent says gripping my ass.

"I love you too, see you tomorrow" I tell him, kissing his lips.

He smiles showing his VV'S before leaving.

I've been seeing Brent every time Dj is at school for the past few years since Red got locked up..

Red has been gone for sixteen years and he has four more to go..

Getting out of my thoughts, I make myself a rum runner in a wine glass before sitting on the couch.

There's a knock at the door.

"What does Brent want now" I say to myself with a smirk as I sit my drink on a coster.

I walk to the door, opening it..

"You missed me?" Red asks with a handsomely devilish smile...

..........

Red

I just did sixteen long years. It's good to be home.

"I thought you weren't getting out for four more years" China Says sitting a plate of food in front of me.

God I missed her pretty face..

"I joined a prison prayer group, made friends with the pastor and got my time reduced on good behavior" I tell her while eating.

She smiles "well It's good to have you home baby"

"It's good to be home, you spoke to Brent lately? I'm gone stop by the trap house and make it known that I'm back" I tell China.

"I spoke to him last week because the boys got in trouble at school together but not since then" She tells me.

I nod.

The front door opens.

"Mama!" Dj yells and I tense up at the sound of his voice.

It's been sixteen years, he's not a baby anymore....

"Mama I-" Dj stops talking at the sight of me.

I notice Bj behind him, looking like a Hispanic Brent.

"Pops" Dj says dropping his book bag...

Brent

I been holding shit down at the trap house since Red been locked up and of course fucking China..

I love her.

I know that when Red gets out in four years all these niggas gone fall in line and he's going to reclaim his throne at the trap house and that's fine but I don't know if I'm willing to let China go...

The end....

........
▪️WHEW ! A LOT HAS CHANGED LOL. This leads into Book 2 & Book 2 will be up tonight!
▪️Thanks for Reading XOXO 🖤.