Chapter Twenty-three

China

"Can you tell the gender?" I ask the doctor as she rubs the probe around my stomach with the cold gel.

"Not yet, you're only eight weeks but in about six more weeks I'll have a gender for you" The doctor says giving me a smile.

I look at my tiny baby on the monitor then I look at Red who looks amazed by what he's seeing.

"Do you guys want to hear the heartbeat?" The doctor asks Red and I.

"Yes please" I say with a smile.

She puts the fetal doppler on my stomach and my baby's heart beat fills my ears making my eyes watery..

......

"I still can't believe I'm actually pregnant" I tell Red as we walk out of the woman's hospital.

"Believe it. My son forming in your stomach as we speak" Red tells me.

"Son?" I ask confused.

"Yes son" He says again with a smile.

"How do you know it's a boy?" I ask him.

"I'm just speaking it into existence" He says causing me to laugh.

"Oh okay" I say nodding as he opens the car door for me and I get inside.

He gets in on the drivers side and cranks the car up to drive us home.

"Please don't make me raise this baby alone" I tell Red as he drives.

"Why the fuck would I do that?" He asks looking at me like I'm crazy then putting his attention back on the road.

"Not on purpose but you just got shot...I don't want to lose you. I can't do this alone" I tell him as I sit my arm on the arm rest.

He puts his hand on mine.

"I'm not going anywhere" He assures me.

I nod...

Brent

"What's up my nigga" I say to Red as he opens his front door and daps me up. Letting me in.

"Just got back from Chinas appointment not too long ago. Heard the baby heart beat" He tells me as we walk into his living room.

"That's what's up" I say nodding.

We sit on the couch and I start to roll my Za into a backwood as Red does the same so we can match.

"Did you want us to feed Georgia Boy in the dungeon?" I ask Red because I know that nigga ain't ate in about two days.

"Yeah, but not right now, let that nigga starve until it's time to get Kane" He tells me.

I nod

"Oh and Griselda got back with me, She said her sons are on the way to discuss things with us. They'll be here tonight" I tell Red.

He nods

"We'll go to her house and speak with them. Between us using Georgia Boy as a pond and the Mexican mafia on our side, Kane ain't gone know what hit him" Red says sparking his backwood up and taking a puff.

I spark mine up as China comes down the stairs.

"Hey best friend" I speak to China.

"H-Hey Brent" She stutters while looking at Red. Like she's shocked to see me.

"It's okay you can speak, we good now" Red tells her with a chuckle.

She lets out a breath of relief making me laugh.