Chapter Fourty-Nine

Three days later..

Red

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing..

Slowly moving China from my chest, I grab my phone from the dresser by the bed.

"Hello?" I answer, not looking at the caller id because I don't want that bright ass light in my face right now.

"Hey Daniel, Sorry for calling you so early. Thanks for trying to pay for mom's funeral but Brent said and I quote.. Give that nigga his money back, I got my mama funeral." Brianna speaks, mocking Brent's voice.

I chuckle.

"That ain't no issue Bri" I tell her while rubbing my eyes with my index finger and thumb.

I get out of bed to piss.

"Okay and you know that I don't care what you two have going on, you're always family" Brianna tells me.

"I know Bri" I tell her while peeing.

"I'll be over a little later to bring you your money" Brianna tells me.

"Okay, I'll be here" I tell her.

"Okay see you later" She reply's.

I end the call..

Flushing the toilet, I put the seat down and wash my hands..

I check on Dj in his crib then get back into bed.

"Who were you on the phone with?" China asks me as I lay down.

"Brianna, she say Brent ain't want me putting no money in on Ma Taylor's funeral so she coming by later to bring me my money back" I tell China.

"Oh okay" She responds, slowly nodding her head.

She climbs back on top of me and we drift back off to sleep.

.......

China

I'm sitting in the living room watching tv with Red and Dj

"This lil nigga need a haircut already" Red tells me, running his fingers through Dj's curly hair.

I frown my face..

"A haircut ? I like his hair, I think we should let it grow out" I tell Red.

Dj came out my pussy with a curly Afro..

"I don't know about all that" Red tells me shaking his head.

He picks up one of Dj's toys, playing with it to entertain him.

"But Red, He could get the asap rocky braids and an edge" I tell him, hoping to change his mind.

"Ok China, we can let his hair grow out until he's old enough to decide how he want his shit. I bet he gone say we should've cut it" Red tells me shrugging his shoulders