Chapter Twenty-Seven

China

"Come on ma, you cheated" Jamari tells me after I just beat him in uno. We're chilling at his house.

We've been hanging out a bit since I met him at Wing Lord. We're just friends, nothing more, nothing less.

"No I didn't, you have to say uno out" I tell him laughing.

"That's not a real rule, black people always making some shit up" He tells me moving his dreads from his face.

I continue to laugh at him.

"You're a sore loser Mari" I tell him.

My phone starts to ring and I sigh seeing that it's no caller ID meaning that it's Red.

"Somebody really wants to talk to you. Your phone been ringing non stop for hours" Jamari tells me.

"I know, it's my child's father" I tell him.

I briefly told him about Dj and Red but he doesn't know the whole situation being that it's none of his business.

"Why don't you talk to him?"

"Because before I left h-he hit me" I tell him softly.

"Like hit you hit you?" He asks furring his eyebrows.

"Yeah.. He lashed out and I'm kind of scared now" I tell him truthfully.

"That nigga need his ass beat, you seem so sweet" Jamari tells me.

I smile.

Red

"It's okay daddy man" I tell Dj as I pat him to sleep. It's been ten days since we've seen China.

How could she just leave her son like this..

Someone rings my door bell and I damn near fall trying to run to open it, hoping that it's China.. I open the door seeing Brent.

"Damn" I say disappointed as I walk away from the door.

"Well it's good to see you too my nigga" Brent says sarcastically as he closes the door behind himself.

"I thought you was China man" I tell him going back over to the couch where Dj is asleep on his baby blanket.

"She ain't come back yet?" Brent asks raising both of his eye brows.

I shake my head no

"I still don't understand what possessed you to hit her in the first place. What happened?" Brent asks. I never did explain to him what happened.

I sigh

"Right after she had Dj, I told her I had to go handle some business at the trap but instead I went to go fuck Skittles because I couldn't fuck her.. Skittles got mad cause I wouldn't fuck her again after that, so she told China" I tell him.

He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What does that have to do with you hitting her?" He asks confused.

"I didn't mean to hit her but I thought that she wanted to leave to cheat, you know, get her lick back" I tell him.

He shakes his head.

"So you mean to tell me, you hit that girl because you were scared that she would get her lick back when she left?" Brent asks.

I nod.

"That's some crazy shit, how you gone cheat on her then assume she was going to cheat and beat her ass? Now if I tell my mama this right now she gone hit me with her favorite line..You know Daniel has always been a little prone to anger" Brent tells me mocking his moms voice. Causing me to chuckle a little. One thing ma dukes gone do, is defend me. Right or wrong.