꒰ ͜͡➸ they show you their wings

Start from the beginning

fuck.

mountain hurriedly moved away from you, startling you as he did everything he could to hide his wings from you.

"what's wrong, collis?" you asked. mountain swallowed. "you're not supposed to be awake." mountain said, hurrying to get out of bed and find his uniform which would hide his wings.

"what?" you asked, getting out of bed and following him.

"you're not supposed to be up. i always wake up before you. that's why i wear this shirt at night." mountain huffed, slipping the tank top off and stretching his wings out.

"c'mon, mountain, you seriously think you'd be able to hide them from me for forever?" you asked. mountain paused before shrugging off the question.

"why were you hiding them from me?" you asked, walking over and placing your hand on his shoulder, stopping him from putting on the restrictive shirt.

"because it's-.. it's a mutation! i'm an earth ghoul, not an air ghoul. i shouldn't have these." mountain cringed as he stretched out his wings. you frowned.

"mountain, i've seen water ghouls with wings. it's not a mutation, it's gene that goes around all ghouls." you soothed. mountain glanced at you, a frown still on his face.

"here," you started. "you don't have anything going on today, do you?" you asked. mountain shook his head, tossing the shirt he was holding onto the desk. "how about you don't wear anything that will hide your wings today. it can only be for an hour, it doesn't even have to be that long, but i want you to try." you offered. mountain stared at you.

"love, i've never done that before.." mountain sighed. "i know, and that's okay. but it can't be healthy for you to wrap them up everyday without any breathing time." you frowned, a bit sad by how fragile his wings looked.

mountain thought for a moment before pulling a crew neck with holes in the back out of his dresser.

"all i'm promising is an hour." mountain stated. pulling the crew neck over his head and carefully pushing his wings through the holes in the back. you smiled, quickly hugging your ghoul.

"perfect."

—AETHER—

- like most air ghouls, majority of quintessence ghouls have wings—aether being one of them.
- he's never been self conscious of them, but he hides them because some other ghouls used to make fun of him and he got tired of it.

you sighed softly as you walked into your room, freezing as you saw aether stretching his wings out.

aether glanced up at you, grinning sheepishly.

"you have wings." you stated. aether nodded, letting them relax into a half folded position. you both sat in silence for a few moments.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you." aether said. you shook your head, walking further into the room.

"i'm just confused as to how i never noticed." you chuckled. aether laughed, nodding as he stood and walked over to you.