Chapter 21: Shopping in the Otherworld

Start from the beginning

Granted, it was the devil running lose, but it got its strength from her negativity and the people around her. Well, mostly the latter... which means the Jarl's lust and wickedness set loose the devil and got himself killed?

Relestia shook her head slightly and the small buns she tied her golden hair into, wiggled. Of course, there are excessive tinkling from the many accessories she planted. Her scarf had now been replaced with something more girlish, a semi-transparent cloth that stopped people from seeing her face but still allowed some speculation. More importantly, it is magically enchanted to discourage people from noticing her unless they are specifically finding her. This means that her friends are mostly unaffected and strangers look past her.

By now, the group had already walked to the next shop, only Kairos stood there waiting for her, as if knowing she is in deep thought and gave her time. When Kairos looked at Relestia, the new scarf it didn't block her beauty, instead it enhanced it by giving her a more mysterious feel. He stared at her lost in the colours of her eyes.

She gave him an impish smile and ran over with small steps.

The two still do not know, but they loved each other the moment they met.

In this shop they found all kinds of clothes and accessories that are lined with colourful gems. There are rings with five tiny gems, belts with more than ten, and even clothes that is completely covered with jewels.

When Kairos enquired about them, the shopkeeper gave him a knowing look, "Ah, a traveler? I'm sure you're amazed by the quality and quantity of our catalog. We have the best storage device on the market, called the item box devices! Don't worry take your time and browse, I'm here to help!"

Kairos looked towards Leo for help, who then laughed and said, "These are storage devices that are powered by mana gems."

"Oh, this isn't simply any storage device! Master dwarves handcrafted every mana gem and carefully woven them into a magic circle for the Item Box spell to grant you the most value for your money! Not only are they inexpensive, the mana usage to maintain the item box spell is the lowest on the market as well."

Kairos' eyes brighten when he realise that this is the Time-space ring of Axis Mundi. Granted, there is an upkeep cost of mana making it inferior, but the convenience of such an item won him over.

There are similar things in every market in this world, but not many as high quality as the ones found here.

The mana gems embedded to feed the spell upkeep will dim over time so the user can tell how much energy is left and quickly replenish it before all the things kept in the item box spell are spit out to the ground.

Of course, such a thing still happens time to time. Sometimes even shoving up mounds of dirt when a buried item storage apparel ran out of juice.

Each of them bought a few with the designs they liked, even Leo who as a travelling merchant has his own went ahead and got a couple. Nobody had seen him happier all day. Saving every penny to find a doctor for Linda, his previous storage device had long since ran out of juice.

In fact, Kairos – knowing how merchants are always lacking in space – got him enough mana gems to last a decade, and that is considering that Leo mostly picked the backpack designs.

The tinier designs like the rings and other jewelleries tend to have lesser storage space because the items cannot hold much mana gems. The larger items that can place more mana gems allows for a wider storage space and a longer upkeep time before it needs to be replenished.

There are exceptions, items with less mana gems embedded on them yet with a large storage space, but these are designed for children who have the mana conduits but can't use the Item Box spell.