My Queen

"That was the latest track from up and coming metal band, Corroded Coffin. It's titled 'My Queen' and has caused quite a stir in the metal community for its upbeat and eccentric tempo as well as the background accompaniment of female vocals. Lead singer and guitarist Eddie Munson has admitted to collaborating with his girlfriend for the racy dialog attached to the track and has gone on record to say she is his muse in all things. Fans are saddened by the fact that he is firmly taken, but if being with this girl will continue to result in music like this, I say mazel tov! 'My Queen' has sat at number one on the metal charts for three weeks and has even bumped Dio, Black Sabbath, and the like from their high-ranking positions. We are eager to see all that Corroded Coffin has to offer in the future."

The radio anchors voice talks happily through the speakers as I sit at the kitchen table, my cheeks flaming and trying to eat my breakfast.

After Eddie had gotten back to the hotel following the incident with Tabitha, we had spent some time quietly talking and just holding one another. I cried, of course, and Eddie held me close and murmured sweet nothings in my ear until I calmed down. I wondered how he had the strength to be my rock when I could do nothing more than melt into him and sob. I wanted to blame the hormones, but I'm not sure I would have acted any different if I wasn't pregnant.

Joe and the guys had given us space to calm down and reunite. Not too much time had passed, though, when an urgent knock came at the door. Eddie had gotten to his feet to answer it and Jeff and Gareth had barreled into the room, heading straight for the radio. When they turned it on, 'My Queen' was already playing. I could hear Eddie's voice singing through the little device and I stood, placing my hand over my mouth in shock. At the peak of the song, my voice suddenly rang out as well, sultry and ragged. I froze.

Gareth and Jeff looked over at me wearily as my moans were heard over the music they played. The song is incredible, I have to give them that. But what the fuck am I doing on the track? The track nears a close and I screamed one last time, an exclamation of love before the song ends. I felt that my whole face and chest were a bright crimson. When Eddie looked over at me, he was beaming from ear to ear. Jeff and Gareth crept closer to the door, as if they were ready to escape.

"Why the hell am I moaning on the radio?" I asked, my hands shaking in rage. Eddie's face fell slightly and he looked over at me in confusion.

"I told you I had an idea for the recording we accidentally made." He said simply as if I should have realized this is what he meant.

"You never once said that you were going to put me on the track!" I huffed, waving my hand towards the radio. The next song had already started and Eddie had turned the volume down low enough so we could hear one another.

"I thought it would be obvious that that is what I meant." He crossed his arms over his chest and took a guarded stance.

"Everyone we know is going to know that is me!" I explained, mortified and he dropped his arms to his sides.

"So let them know," Eddie shrugged and I threw my arms up in frustration. "We love one another. I wanted a piece of you on the song. The whole song is basically a big 'fuck you' to girls like Tabitha. I want the whole world to know that I'm taken by you and no one will change that."

My heart softened at that even though my brain was telling me to still be upset with him. I unclenched my jaw and shook my head in resignation.

"Couldn't you have just done an interview or something," I offered. "You could have set the record straight some other way."

Eddie shook his head and smiled down at me.

"This way is faster." He took a few steps closer and I heard the distant click of the door as Jeff and Gareth both exited. "Besides, you sound so fucking sexy on the track. I can't wait to hear you crying out for me at concerts. I want the whole world to know how good I make you feel and that you're mine."