Sinclair

Eddie's POV: 

"Jason hasn't been able to go to football practice, so how has he been communicating with the team?" I ask Lucas once he is settled in on my couch. He gives me a pained expression and looks at Max for a moment who pats his hand, reassuringly. 

"Coach Martens has been letting him come to practice and at least sit on the sidelines and hang out with the team," Lucas says and I clench my jaw, frustrated. I knew I never liked that asshole, but this just takes the cake. I rub a hand down my face, frustrated and Lucas fidgets in his seat, obviously nervous. I don't mean to make him anxious, but I can't calm down, not when Ripley is involved. 

"How long has this been going on?" 

"About a week after the principal made the decision to cut him. Coach waited just long enough to go undetected and then invited him back." 

"Would you be willing to talk to Hopper about all of this?" I ask Lucas, hopefully and he glances at Max. She nods slowly, encouraging him and he sighs, closing his eyes for a moment. 

"Yea, I can, but I want to remain anonymous," he says and I nod. 

"I can talk to him about it," I tell him, appreciatively. "What all have you heard?" 

"Jason has been saying that he wants to get payback on Ripley for making him an outcast and basically getting him kicked out of school and dumped by Chrissy. He has said some pretty nasty things." 

Lucas hesitates. He gulps, his Adam's apple bobbing and he looks down at his hands. I try to be patient, but I want to get up and shake him, desperate to know what was said. 

"Jason has said that her 'itty bitty titties' weren't worth all the trouble and if he knew all of this was going to happen he would have at least gotten his dick wet," Lucas says in a rushed voice and I feel like I've been gutted. 

"He says he wants her to suffer more then he has ever wanted anyone to suffer before. He wants to make her leave school or even to leave Hawkins. He isn't above hurting her and he has made it sound like he would really enjoy it." Lucas keeps talking, but his voice sounds far away, as if he is talking at the end of a tunnel. I lean back in my chair and stare down at the carpet, unable to process everything. My heart roars in my chest and I can feel my blood gushing through my veins. 

"Lucas, stop," I hear Max scold sternly and it snaps both of us out of it. We both turn to look at the red head, but her eyes are not on us. Her eyes are down the hall and I turn quickly in my chair. 

Ripley stands at the end of the hallway, her messy bun slightly slanted from her sleep. Tears flow freely down her face and she is clutching her hands to her chest, but I can still see the tremble in her fingers. Her bottom lip quivers as well and her eyes dart from mine to Lucas, hurt written across her face. 

"What the hell have I ever done to deserve this?" she whispers, her voice breaking and my heart sinks. I stand from my seat and take a step towards her, but she steps away, shaking her head. 

"Don't Eds," she pleads, holding her hand up. "I can't do this right now." 

Ripley turns on her heels and walks back to my room and closes the door behind her. I stay frozen for a moment before I sink back into my chair, dropping my head in my hands. 

"Aren't you going to go after her?" Max asks and I shake my head, knowing she needs space. 

The small girl huffs and stands. Lucas looks up at her confused as she shoves passed both of us towards the back of the trailer, her stride determined. 

"Red," I call, trying to stop her. "When she gets like this, she usually just needs space." 

Max turns to glare at me and I blanch at her expression.