Date Night

"Chrissy is in the lead with Ripley hot on her tail," Steve tells the group, looking down at our scorecard. We are down to the last two holes and stakes are high. Chrissy has bunched up her skirt slightly on her thighs to help with her mobility. The action earned her a heated look from Steve and Eddie and I try not to giggle like school children at how obvious they are being. Eddie has given up any hope of winning, now solely dedicating his time to trying to sabatoge me.

At first, he offered to help me with my swings, coming up behind me and placing his hands on my waist as I tried to line my club up with the ball. Any coherent thoughts I had would go flying out of my mind at his touch and the other's would fuss about me taking too long to hit the ball, resulting in me swinging and being way off from where I originally planned to be. After the third time, I finally swatted him away, ignoring the triumphant smirk on his face. Now, he has resulted to just yelling inappropriate things at me each time I go to take a swing. Robin smacks him upside the head, reminding him there are little kids around. I turn to glare at him after a particularly spicy comment results in me hitting my ball completely off course and he sticks his tongue out at me.

Steve cheers Chrissy on loudly as she golfs, making her beam and Robin and Cleo start to drift away a bit. Robin gave up a long time ago. After accidentally throwing her club at a group of preteen boys as she was trying to swing and hit her ball, she came to the realization that mini golf just isn't for her. Cleo pats her back reassuringly and tells her sports aren't really her thing either, even though Cleo plays beautifully. I notice she starts to throw off her own game slightly, wanting Robin to feel better about herself.

I step up to putt and shimmy my hips slightly as I distribute my weight between my feet. My motion earns me a low whistle from Eddie and I roll my eyes, trying to ignore him.

"Ay, batta batta," he grumbles behind me as I take a few practice swings and I groan under my breath, not wanting to let on how annoyed he is making me. I line up and smack the ball, sending it flying towards the hole and it bounces on the green a few inches from sinking. I turn sharply and point my club in Eddie's face with a smug and satisfied expression.

"HA!" I yell. "Suck on that, Munson!"

Eddie uses his hand to push my club out of the way as he steps forward. I talk a faltering step back and his arm comes up around my waist, pulling me completely against him. He dips his head so his mouth is an inch from my ear and his voice is deep when he goes to speak, his breath tickling my skin.

"Gladly," he murmurs seductively and embarrassingly enough, I drop my club. I'm so startled by his advances and proximity that my world shrinks around us and my breathing hitches in my throat. "Just tell me where you want it, sweetheart."

"Alright," Steve calls with a warning tone. "Let's keep it PG, you guys."

Eddie pulls away just far enough to look down in my face and I blush up at him. He's got a huge smirk on his lips and he bends down to kiss my nose before pulling completely away. He retrieves my club from the ground and while on one knee, he holds up over his head as an offering to me. I laugh at his goofy nature and take it from him with a bow of my head, playing along. He straightens up and throws his arm over my shoulder as we watch Chrissy tap her ball into the hole.

Going into the final round, Chrissy and I are tied. I let her go first and I watch as she pulls the club back and smacks the ball. It soars through the sky and bounces off the flag in the hole before hitting the ground. Steve offers her a sympathetic look and he pats her shoulder as she settles in beside him. I'm up, but before I step up to swing, I turn to Eddie. I grab his chin in my hand and kiss him, catching him off guard. He gasps against my mouth as I press my lips fiercely against him. I let my tongue slide against his bottom lip, just teasing. When I can tell he is completely rawled up, I pull away and grin up at him.