Tomorrow

Eddie's POV:

"Eddie?" I hear Ripley whisper in my ear and for a moment I think I'm still dreaming. I roll over and groan slightly, cuddling further into my pillow.

"Eds, wake up," she says more insistently and I squint slightly. The use of my old nickname stirring something in my chest. I realize I still have my phone by my ear and I blink away some of my drowsiness. I remember we fell asleep on the phone last night and I grumble as I rub my eyes.

"What time is it?" I ask, groggy.

"It's 6:15. You have to get up and get ready." Her voice is soft and kind and I want nothing more then to lay here and listen to her forever.

"How long have you been up?" I ask.

"About thirty minutes. I had to shower and I need some extra time to cover up the marks on my neck that someone left."

I chuckle at her tone and start to get out of bed, going through my drawers for a change of clothes.

"I'm not even sorry," I say smugly and she sighs.

"Crap," she yells suddenly and I stop moving, concerned.

"What's wrong?"

"Our coffee machine is broken," she says sadly and my shoulders relax. "What am I gonna do?" I can practically hear the pout on her face and I snort.

"I can bring you some coffee," I offer and she gasps excitedly.

"Really?" She asks. "With cream and sugar?"

"Yea, how much of each?"

"Oh, the sweeter the better." She answers and I shake my head with a smile.

"Alright well let me go shower and get ready."

"Okay I'll see you soon Eds."

"See you soon," I say, not really wanting to hang up but knowing I have to. I click off and get in the shower, actually looking forward to going to school. I get out and dressed and make Ripley's coffee, pouring it in one of Wayne's travel coffee mugs to keep it warm. I head to school with a huge grin on my face, my knee bouncing excitedly.

I pull into the lot as she is getting out of her car. She's wearing a white pleated skirt with a black tank top tucked into it. She's got a pink cardigan buttoned over it and it's got little pink flowers sown up the sleeves. Her wavy blonde hair is loose and moves in the delicate breeze. She's got white shoes on her feet and her makeup looks expertly done. I have to force myself to pay attention to parking. I get out, grabbing my bag and her coffee and she is already heading toward me, a smile on her face.

"Good morning," she says sweetly and I grin down at her. I hold out the coffee and she takes it with an appreciative nod.

"Morning," I mumble. "How did you sleep?"

"Really well," she murmurs around her cup.

"I'm glad. Was your mom home this morning?" She nods.

"She must of got in really early because she was asleep when I got up, but she left a note that she'll be home for dinner tonight."

"That's good at least," I smile down at her. "I know you've missed her."

She looks ahead and smiles sadly before she drinks more of her coffee. Her eyes drift back to me and they move over my body for a moment before she speaks.

"I like your outfit today, by the way," she says with a smirk and I look down at myself. I'm wearing torn black jeans, a black Black Sabbath T-shirt and my leather jacket. I've got chains hanging from my belt loops and my neck and my rings are on my fingers. I've got black sneakers on my feet and my jeans are tucked behind the lip.