Rocket Queen

Eddie's POV:

"You want to put what on the new track?" Gareth asks incredulously. He's staring up at me as if I've grown multiple heads.

"I want to put Ripley moaning and calling my name on the track," I repeat and Gareth turns to share a loaded look with Jeff.

"Have you run this idea by her?" Jeff asks me. I shake my head.

"Nah, but I think she'll be alright with it. It's not like I'll put her name in the song or anything."

"Yea, but everyone that we know will know it's her." Gareth points out and Jeff nods his agreement. "I mean, aren't you worried what your uncle or her mom will think?"

"Not really," I say blankly and they blink at one another.

"Seriously, dude, he's hopeless," Jeff says to Gareth. Gareth throws his hands up in the air in agreement and I glance back and forth between them.

"Let him get dumped. See if I care," Gareth grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest. I raise my eyebrows at them.

"So is that a yes?" I ask and Gareth rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, Ed," Jeff says and I smirk, triumphantly. I fish the cassette out of my pocket and move to talk to Ollie.

"I don't even want to know how he got that tape," Jeff mumbles to Gareth, who makes a gagging sound.

"Hey, Ollie," I call as the producer is setting up the recording equipment.

"What's up, Ed?" He grins, looking up at me.

"I've got some sounds on this cassette that I want added to this single."

I wave the cassette between us and Ollie glances down at it, realizing it's one I've taken from this studio.

"Would this by chance have anything to do with this?" He asks, reaching into his work backpack and pulling out a silver hoop earring. Ripley's hoop earring. She thought she lost it.

"Where did you find this?" I ask him and he gives me a knowing look.

"On top of the piano," he gestures into the live room with his chin. I turn to him with a sheepish expression.

"Yea, maybe it's got something to do with this," I admit. "Look, this cassette has a pretty personal recording on it. Would it be possible for you to teach me how to add it over us playing?"

"It'll be a little difficult if you don't let me listen to it, but I think I can manage. The easiest way will most likely be to play the sound you want on the track over the stereo as you guys play. That way, you can hear how it will sound with the music accompaniment."

"Cool deal," I nod. "Can I listen to this and fast forward to the parts I want you to use?"

"Yea, to make it easier, let's just record the parts you want to use that way I don't accidentally play something you don't want me to."

I slide the cassette into the player Ollie hands me and I slide headphones over my ears. I listen to the tape and wait for the best part, trying to keep my face neutral. When it gets to the part I want to use, I pause it and pull the headphones from the device.

"Alright, when this light comes on, hit play. It'll record the sound and then we can pause both in case you want to add more from a different spot." Ollie instructs and I nod. He hits the button and the light flickers on. I hit play.

Ripley's moans echo through the air, her voice hoarse and sexy. I feel my cheeks flush slightly as Ollie's eyes nearly pop out of his head. I give him a thumbs up and he pauses the recording as I pause the tape.