Pretty In Pink

The bed is empty when I wake up, my arm searching for Eddie to no avail. I squint in the light and peek around his room. The door is open and all the curtains are pulled back so the sun glares in on me. It's still just as untidy and cluttered as it always is, but there is a giant white box at the foot of the bed.

I pull the sheets up and over my naked body and crawl towards it. There is a card on top of it with my name on it in Eddie's handwriting. Underneath it in smaller letters, it says "open me." I smile, finally connecting the dots and remembering today is my birthday. I pull the card into my lap and rip open the envelope. Inside is a beautiful card with a handwritten note from Eddie.

Good morning, gorgeous! Happy 19th birthday! I love you more and more each and every day and I look forward to celebrating this and all your future birthdays by your side. Open your gift and be ready by 11:30. More surprises are in store.

I bounce on the box, a humongous grin on my face as I lift the lid. I peel back the tissue paper. Inside is a beautiful pink dress that looks extremely similar to the one I tried on the day Jason took us from the mall. When I lift it, though, it is knee length. There is matching baby pink lingerie underneath the dress and I blush slightly at how little fabric there is on the panties. I pull the set out to see that underneath them, there is a soft, plush white dress coat to go over it all, pulling the entire outfit together. I run my fingers over all of the garments lovingly as I place them neatly back in the box and set them aside. I gather the sheets up and around me again, wearing it like a toga as I hurry out into the rest of the trailer in search of Eddie.

He's nowhere to be found. My eyebrows furrow as I open the front door slightly and peek out, realizing his van isn't out front. Wayne isn't home either and when I pass by the fridge, I see a note to Eddie on the door.

Working a double. Won't be home until tomorrow. Behave yourself. -W

I run a hand through my short curls and walk back into Eddie's bedroom. His clock reads 10 anyway, so I really should start getting ready for whatever it is he has planned. I drop the sheet and throw it on the bed, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror across his room.

There are love bites along my chest, stomach, and upper thighs and I gawk for a moment at the bruises. I worry at my bottom lip as I peek between my body and the dress in the box before me, wondering if it will cover everything. God, I hope so. Otherwise, I'm going to need more time.

I jump in the shower and quickly get clean, scrubbing my skin and shaving. Once out, I moisturize and place some product in my hair before I pull out my blow dryer. I brush and blow dry before styling. Once I'm satisfied with how it looks, I apply my makeup. I want something natural looking since the dress is so simple and elegant. Besides, I'm not even sure where we are going. I settle on some pink shadow, gloss on the lips and some mascara. I spritz myself with a little perfume just below my ear and on my wrist before heading back into Eddie's room.

I stand at the end of the bed and stare down at the undergarments laid out on the bed. Eddie picked out a light pink lace strapless bra with a matching g-string. I've never worn underwear like this before in my life, or at least not the bottoms. I hold them up between my fingers and inspect the fabric, well the lack thereof and shake my head. Anything for Eddie, I suppose. I drop the towel and fasten the bra around my body first, inspecting the fit in the mirror.

I had no idea he even knew my size, but the fit is perfect and I smile brightly as I step into the underwear. They take some maneuvering and adjustments, but once they are secure, they are surprisingly comfortable. I give myself a once over in the mirror before nodding approvingly and grabbing the dress from the box. I step into it, pulling the silky smooth material over my body and it hugs me in all the right places. The zipper is thankfully on the side, so I am able to zip myself up and I twirl a little, amusing myself with how light the material feels against my skin. Luckily, all of the marks I was worried about earlier are covered by the dress. It's almost as if Eddie could predict where the material was going to fall and left the marks in just the right places. The idea makes heat swarms over my body.