Veterinary Visit

The final bell rings and I drop my pencil onto my desk. A few people in the back whoop excitedly and I smile widely. I've successfully completely my last class of high school. I'm done. That's it.

The teacher tries to tame the rowdy teenagers as they clamor from their seats and leap towards the door, explaining that we all need to be back the following week for graduation practice. She eventually gives up and sinks into her chair, dropping her chin into her hand and waving sheepishly as everyone hurries out of the classroom.

I throw my bag over my shoulder and head to my locker. I had already emptied most of my stuff earlier this week, but I had left a singular photo of Eddie and I on the door and the bare essentials I needed for clwsses inside. I take the photo down and kiss Eddie's grinning face before stuffing it into my backpack. I take everything else out and put it in my bag. I close the door and huff slightly at the added weight on my back. When I turn, Gareth is walking past, trash practically exploding from his book bag as he makes his way down the hall.

"Here," he says, rushing forward to take the bag from my back and looping it around his arms so it rests against his stomach.

"Thanks, but what the heck is going on with your bag? What is half this stuff?" I bend down and retrieve a few crinkled papers that have fallen out and hold them up for him to take and he shrugs.

"Honestly, I don't even know. They told me to clean out my locker so I did."

I chuckle softly as we make our way out to the parking lot. Every now and again, I have to duck down and pick up some fallen object, but we make good time. Eddie is out by his van, smoking a cigarette and talking to Jeff. When he sees us, he lifts his hand and waves us over, an excited smile on his face.

"I definitely passed!" He beams, grabbing a hold of my hands and pulling me in to kiss my forehead once we have approached.

"I'm so proud of you," I whisper, grinning up at him and he blushes slightly. Jeff and Gareth fidget, looking anywhere and everywhere but at us. I laugh softly at their bashful behavior.

Eddie and I had studied like crazy over the last week, which is a huge feat to say the least. Teaching Eddie and keeping his attention is like trying to manage a toddler. He's so easily distracted and he absolutely hates schoolwork. Getting him to study took a lot of persuasion, heavy amounts of nudity, and dirty, dirty promises followed through only if he did what was asked of him. I spent the greater portion of the night completely naked and in his lap while he worked frantically to answer his study guide questions correctly. Otherwise, I would redress one article of clothing at a time. If he answered correctly, I would undress him. I like to pretend that it was a chore, but I had an amazing time. By the end of the night, Eddie was screaming every answer correctly and I couldn't have been prouder. I awarded him handsomely.

"If only you were around to help me study like that every year," Eddie whispers, his warm breath tickling my ear. I blush deeply. "I would have been an honor roll student for sure."

I swat his chest playfully and Gareth clears his throat, reminding us that he and Jeff are still present. Eddie rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry," he chuckles and Gareth rolls his eyes.

"No, you aren't." Jeff says blankly and Eddie laughs.

"Do you guys want to come over tonight?" Gareth asks. "My parents are out to some work function and I was going to rent some movies and order some pizza."

"We can't," I sigh wistfully. "We have to take Elvis to the vet and then we have to finish packing. We move into our new place tomorrow."

"Which you said you would help us do," Eddie says, reaching forward and locking Gareth in a chokehold. He tussles the other boy's long hair and Jeff laughs. "Did you forget?"