Wakey Wakey

As my dreams and drowsiness subsides, I stretch out my back, letting my joints pop and I groan slightly. My body still hums from the heavy caresses it received throughout the night and I smile to myself as I squint against the morning light streaking in from my blinds. Eddie is wrapped up next to me, his bare skin rubbing along my own and I snuggle closer. I peek over at the alarm clock on my nightstand and it reads 12:48 in the afternoon. We had stayed up into the early hours of the morning, unable to get enough of one another. It had been the best night of my life, followed by the most restful sleep I've had since the attack, even without my medication.

I wrap my arms back around Eddie, throwing myself across his chest as I look up at him. His handsome face is relaxed, his dark eyelashes casting a shadow upon his cheeks and his lips gently parted. He's got hickeys all over his neck and I blush slightly at the memory of leaving them there, thrilled by the fact that I've left marks on him. I kiss up his neck, so softly it's barely a touch until I make it to his face. I trace my lips along his cheeks, trailing upward to his nose before I kiss each of his eyes and then his forehead.

"Eds," I call, ducking down to talk softly in his ear. "It's time to get up."

He groans lowly from underneath me, wrapping his own arms more firmly around my waist and snuggling closer. He nuzzles the side of my face with his own, his stubbly cheek tickling me.

"Don't wanna," he mumbles and I chuckle softly, running my fingers through his tangled curls.

"It's almost one in the afternoon," I insist. "I'm not sure what time my mom will be home and besides, we've got to eat at some point."

Eddie lifts his head slightly at the mention of food, but his grip on me doesn't loosen.

"But I'm so comfy," he pouts, one of his hands comes up to rub lazily up and down my spine, giving me chills.

"What if I made you bacon?" I question, nudging his neck with my nose. I move to kiss him on the mouth and note a small smile on his lips before pecking my mouth against his.

"Fine, you win," he caves, fully opening his eyes and looking up at me. I beam down at him and his hand comes up to push my hair out of my face and over my shoulder. He isn't the only one with hickeys and he traces some of the angry marks along my collarbone with his pointer finger.

"How are you feeling today, sweetheart?" Eddie asks, his voice serious. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Like a baby," I sigh sweetly. "I didn't even have to take my meds last night I fell asleep without any issues and I slept through the night once I was out without a single bad dream. You should spend the night more often."

I say the last part mostly as a joke but Eddie's eyes remain serious as he looks at my face, debating.

"I could, you know," he says and I look at him confused.

"What?"

"Stay the night more often." He says simply. "Your mom is rarely here and I already worry about it a lot as is. I could come here with you after school or you could come home with me, whichever you prefer. It's not like either one of us really has anyone else waiting at home to keep tabs on us."

"You would really do that for me?" I ask, touched by the idea of him sacrificing his nights to stay beside me. I love the idea of falling asleep beside him every night, curled up on my mattress. Then, waking up to his handsome face each morning, getting ready for school together and heading out hand in hand.

"When are you going to learn I'd do anything for you?" Eddie answers, plainly and I blush at his words, my whole chest taking flight. I lean in and kiss him softly, my swollen lips moving against his. He holds me in place for a moment before he sighs and pulls away, his eyes locking on mine.